Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Telmarketing View next topic
View previous topic
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could write a quick and dirty DB table and front end to that on tech house. everyone could login with a name, submit the info, the db would time stamp it and then you could just search by name for the records if it came up again Very Happy

eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Couldn't you just link it to the current user name? To make it a little easier to track these bastards, check the company name in the DB when the user submits the form. If the company has called you twice, notify the user upon submission.

Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ugh, getting user information from phpBB's login system is like pulling teeth and i'm already trying to work with it. techhouse 3.0 is gonna require a massive recoding of phpBB's template mess cause it doesn't like other pages touching its code.

Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so you keep saying... but turn it into a government grant... you could easily get $50k...

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps a way of keeping techhouse.us online for free?

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The government used to give small business loans. Things are tight and Bush has brought up a $480 billion deficit, so I'm not too sure if they're doing it anymore. But then again, this ain't a business. What's the fee to host this site? Can't be more than 200/year.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Counting strictly cash, $96/year.

pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

eddie_baby wrote:
That's pretty cool! Anyone ever thought of making that into a program to track that info?

There was a program over a year ago that did that, I don't remember the name though, sorry.

Sentient Acronym Storage Facility

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gabesilver wrote:
Okay you fuckholes in telemarketing land..... listen up. I have had a home phone line for about a week now and already I've had 7 telemarketing calls. WTF. I called maybe three people since I got the damn like yet apparently, I need to take surveys and go on vacations that I didn't know about. CURSE YOU!!!! In fact the first call I got was from a freaking telemarketing company.

Every once in a while, it is possible to get even. About 8 years ago, a certain Large Bank in Wilmington (who shall remain nameless to protect the truly stupid) called my residence and asked to speak to "the lady of the house". I told them that she was busy (Runt Packet, my female mini schnauzer, was eating at that moment - no chance of interrupting that!), so the tele-critter offered me a MasterCard in her name. No questions as to her income, SSN or anything else! So a few weeks later, a credit card arrived in the name of R. P. Scoggin. $5K limit.

I returned it to them and explained that there was not sufficient space on the card for her paw print. They did not take it well. Threats of "fraud", etc. were uttered until I explained that it would make interesting reading in the local paper. They lost all interest in hastling me further.

I hate telemarketers! Twisted Evil

Manuevers without Signal is just camping in the woods.
Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice revenge. Twisted Evil

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't think cell phones are safe from telemarketing calls, I just got one on my celll this morning. I also got one on my last cell phone on a Sunday morning! My last phone also received spam txt messages at least once a day.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic