Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 so i broke down and got a cell phone.... View next topic
View previous topic
TheCheat
Emophile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, people, why do you have to break down before you get a cell phone? what is the big deal? if you are adamantly against "those people" who are on the phone 24/7, just leave the darn thing at home. it's not giving in to a fad anymore b/c the presence of cell phones has spread so much that getting one now would make you on the end of the cycle. meh.

Court Jester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the 21st century MZ

el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cause there's such a thing as having no reason to own one... such as my students. a lot of the have cell phone and there's reasons for them to have one (safety) but there's no reason for them to have one in class. or anywhere in school other than their lockers.

it's not a fad, it's becoming an addiction. you break down when you realize that you're gonna get one and then hear the ringer when it's not even ringing just because you become so adjusted to hearing it.

personally, i have a cell phone but that's because my parents pay for it, it's cheaper for them to call it, and let's face it- the only real reason to have one is so you can make phone calls from places that you normally wouldn't find a phone.

don't leave them at home- think of it as an emergency number and use it as such. or, use it as a home phone and carry it everywhere. just don't bitch about those who do have one...

note: if this makes no sense, i'm sorry, there's a point in there somewhere it's just really damned early still

Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It makes sense to have them, but there is also times for them to be OFF. Having it on you at all times is great. That doesn't mean it has to be ON to receive calls - the important feature is the ability to call OUT if you're in the emergency - and thus turning it off means you can bring it everywhere but be unobtrusive. Obviously there are times to leave it on, but I seriously hate people who let them ring all the damn time. It's better to leave it off (or on vibrate) more times than you need rather than less.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
TheCheat
Emophile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i wasnt bitching about those who have one

i myself have one...

i was saying that there's really no reason people have to make a big deal out of "breaking down and buying a cell phone" when everyone has it anyway.

i also agree that middle school kids need cell phones about as much as we needed beepers back in the day. i mean, all you have to do is get the cell numbers of the kids their kid hangs out with and call them in an emergency Wink

Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My cell used to be my only phone in NJ. Unlimited minutes and long distance, it was infinitely cheaper than a land line. Now since my apt is in a dead zone I had to get a land line.... how sad. Oh plus I have to use it for work and what not.

>^_@< ~/-\
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ironically, that's exactly the statement he made here........

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

forgetting for the moment....

a) that isn't me
b) those statements are nothing like what I said
c) I don't live in texas.....

SURE!!!

>^_@< ~/-\
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know you may not believe this, but - I wasn't actually referring to you.

gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
I know you may not believe this, but - I wasn't actually referring to you.

Bah, you know the world revolves around me... what are you doing? trying to break the fabric of space and time?

>^_@< ~/-\

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic