Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need some good reading ... View next topic
View previous topic
x23kitten
The Happiest Girl in the World

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You could always go the classics route and read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury or The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway. They're both fantastic books and highly regarded.

i disagree completely with these unless you like having a 50 page novel turn into a 200 page torture session.
bradbury almost pulled it off but huge sections should have been pulled out and set on fire.

sorry bill. but i chose to wipe my ass with these books.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

x23kitten wrote:
Quote:
You could always go the classics route and read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury or The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway. They're both fantastic books and highly regarded.

i disagree completely with these unless you like having a 50 page novel turn into a 200 page torture session.
bradbury almost pulled it off but huge sections should have been pulled out and set on fire.

Shocked I guess... that's why... we all have our own... opinions. Sorry... having a hard time getting that out.

SWTWC was a class-assigned book in Sallies. I went into it like I went into every OTHER class-assigned book: Aw shit. I started reading it the first night and finished it before dawn. I couldn't put it down. I've re-read it about 20 times in the last 12 years.

TOMATS was a book I had to read in college and another "This is going to be SOOO boring" book. Again, I was blown away by the strength of the main character and the iconic Man v. Nature theme coupled with Man v. Himself.

Sorry you hated the books K, but damn... I love 'em.

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

x23kitten wrote:
Quote:
The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway.

ok, old man and the sea may be a classic, but for a short book it seemed to go on forever and was terribly depressing.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my fave book of the year is Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. this book come highly recomended by myself and Bri and Rob.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bigsado wrote:
my fave book of the year is Enchantment by Orson Scott Card. this book come highly recomended by myself and Bri and Rob.

I am Rob and I approve this message.
el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stealthr4v3r wrote:
I am Rob

Really? Are you sure, now?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic