Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ... just plain odd. View next topic
View previous topic
France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kerrie wrote:
In my experience, with crossovers, trying to follow them involves me spending a lot of money on books which I end up not enjoying

I used to hate this too.... until I grew some patience and starting waiting until they released the entire story in one big graphic novel at a much better price.....
France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since we're on a comics topic, how are marvel comics now-a-days... I havent bought a new comic in a few years and miss it. Are any of the mutant books doing anything worth reading? I dropped out right when they were starting up a bunch of splits like Ultimate X-Men etc....

Anyone have any good suggestions?
Kerrie
Forum Queen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't read X-Men in a couple years, but I have a friend who keeps me updated on new and exciting reasons not to start again, such as Emma Frost trying to seduce Cyclops, Beast is a cat and Iceman being made out of Havok's pee. Oh, and Jean Grey died again. Oh, oh! And (Arch)angel started dated Cannonball's 16-year-old sister! That was my favorite development in a loooooong time. Hooray for pedophilia!

I've been reading the Ult. Spidey trades and they are surprisingly good. Ultimate... um... Ultimates is decent, too, but I probably wouldn't pay money for it.

I've totally abandoned the canon Marvel universe for just being ridiculous. And this is from someone who owns a number of New Defenders issues.

France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

alright.... after reading that I think I'll just resign myself to buying graphic novels of older comics, and digging my crates of comics out of my parents attic and read them.....
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

France wrote:
Since we're on a comics topic, how are marvel comics now-a-days... I havent bought a new comic in a few years and miss it. Are any of the mutant books doing anything worth reading? I dropped out right when they were starting up a bunch of splits like Ultimate X-Men etc....

Anyone have any good suggestions?

I'm reading "The Astonishing X-Men" comic now because Joss Whedon (the god of such series as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly) is the head writer for the first bunch. I happen to think it's pretty cool so far, but let's face it: anything Whedon does is good... and I still don't think there was ever a movie called Titan A.E. so shut the hell up.

ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have to say "Kingdom Come' was one of my favorites for DC, though since it was an elseworld story I don't know if it counted. Wonder if they could get Alex Ross to paint the movie...

I agree about Infinity Gauntlet being good stuff. Though as a movie it would be truely a money pit.

I also liked Hush, No Man's Land, Death of Superman. yadda yadda, while not true crossovers they do have visiting heros.

Also World at War from DC would be cool as a mini series.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread makes me glad I am a DnD / gaming geek and not a comic geek.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
KiltedMan
Womb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just in case anyone was wondering what the Punisher meets Archie comic looked like:

I call not the fat kid!

Cogito ergo sum fortior!
Soylens Viridis Homines Est.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic