Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Fall TV: Which show is canceled first? View next topic
View previous topic
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a game I play with a couple of my buddies. Each new TV season the networks trot out their brand-new series and press them down the public's throats hoping to get a Friends or a CSI out of the bunch.

Out of all the networks it seems that FOX is the one who pulls the plug the fastest (witness the moronic cancelation of one of the greatest Sci-Fi shows ever: Firefly. They did that to make room for Fastlane and The Swan.)

So now that we're a week or three into the season, which new show have you seen that will not make it to the May finish-line?

My vote is NBC's Hawaii. Decent show (read that: mindless action that aspires to more but fails even if it's got a pretty okay cast) but it's up against The WB's powerhouse of Smallville and ABC's new gem Lost.

gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill knowing our lucky for people canceling things that we actually like they will drop Rescue Me because it paints a unfair few of irish people or some such crap.

>^_@< ~/-\
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, don't watch TV. I'm still POd that they took Futurama off the air.

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Out of all the networks it seems that FOX is the one who pulls the plug the fastest (witness the moronic cancelation of one of the greatest Sci-Fi shows ever: Firefly. They did that to make room for Fastlane and The Swan.)

Fox cancelled Firefly because they aired it on Friday evenings, the worst possible time if you're aiming for a twenty-something audience, and virtually nobody watched it.
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are absolutely correct! I wish they would have given it a better time-slot, but I do so relish the sheepish feelings of the FOX Execs after Serenity kicks ass in the movies and the DVDs continue to sell so well.

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gabesilver wrote:
Bill knowing our lucky for people canceling things that we actually like they will drop Rescue Me because it paints a unfair few of irish people or some such crap.

Fortunately FX makes quality shows and gives them time to develop and run. Even though I've never seen it, Nip / Tuck is apparently fantastic and has a devoted fan base. It's good that Rescue Me is on FX because they feel that the more controversy a show stirs up, the better the ratings get. Oh yeah... it paints Irish people as drunks who curse a lot and see odd things... I don't think that's unfair to state the truth Wink

Fearsome Anna
Bad Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Oh yeah... it paints Irish people as drunks who curse a lot and see odd things... I don't think that's unfair to state the truth Wink

Irish people? Drinking? Cursing? Fantastic beliefs? Fighting?

No way! I never would have guessed Wink

CYA political correctness is the worst type, right after the type that Kevin Costner perpetrates through all of Dances With Wolves.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't watch enough TV to know what is all new, but I can say a couple of things:

-The newest Bachelor sucks major donkey dick. They had two guys compete for roses from the women at the start of the show; then the one that won got to vote off half the women. This spells the end for a half-decent romantic reality show.

-CSI:NYC is pretty damn kickass, since it's much darker than the other two CSIs. I'm just worried that they are running a good show into the ground like NBC is doing with Law and Order (Criminal Intent and SVU).

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Yellow Dart wrote:
CSI:NYC is pretty damn kickass, since it's much darker than the other two CSIs. I'm just worried that they are running a good show into the ground like NBC is doing with Law and Order (Criminal Intent and SVU).

Law and Order: Criminal Intent kicks ass; it's gonna be around for a while. Law and Order: Sulking Detectives Unit has only three positive traits: Ice T, Richard Belzer (reprising his Homicide: Life on the Street role as Munch), and B.D. Wong (the shrink). Otherwise, it's rather painful to watch.

Now that Law and Order: 300 Episodes Down, 4 Million To Go has Dennis Farina on it, I think it's gonna be great. He's hilarious. And then Jerry Orbach returns with the mid-season Law and Order: Trial By Jury. And I think we all know what's left after that:

Law and Order: Paralegals,
Law and Order: The Appelate Process,
Law and Order: A Bailiff's Life,
Law and Order: The Paperwork, and
Law and Order: Dick Wolf Counts His Money.

Can't wait!
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HyLander42 wrote:

Law and Order: Paralegals,
Law and Order: The Appelate Process,
Law and Order: A Bailiff's Life,
Law and Order: The Paperwork, and
Law and Order: Dick Wolf Counts His Money.

Can't wait!

Whoa, is that done by Whitewolf: The Company?
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm reminded of the Harvey Birdman commercial that spoofs all the CSI/L&O spinoffs.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the characters in HBO's Entourage was auditioning for a part opposite Don Johnson in CSI: Minnesota Smile

FWIW, William Petersen absolutely hates the spin-off concept feeling that it waters down the original show.

gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
One of the characters in HBO's Entourage was auditioning for a part opposite Don Johnson in CSI: Minnesota Smile

FWIW, William Petersen absolutely hates the spin-off concept feeling that it waters down the original show.

Dude they totally need to bring back Miami Vice..... With the whole retro pop thing going on right now it would be perfect. When I was working from home in NJ on weekdays I would catch Miami Vice, MacGuyver, and the A-Team in a three hour action block of coding inspiration.... But I think they took that off.....

>^_@< ~/-\
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hot damn, that's TV gold!!!

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not like anyone actually cares, but the first Fall TV show was unofficially axed this week:

Aloha also means goodbye to NBC's Hawaii

NBC put the show on "haitus" which is TV-speak for "unless everything else in our line-up suddenly tanks, you should start taking those Taco Bell commercials..."

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic