Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Faith in humanity restored. View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reality TV shows are finally getting the dismal ratings they deserve.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
Reality TV shows are finally getting the dismal ratings they deserve.

Yay! That was a very interesting article you linked to. Thanks.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You ass.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/16/television.reality.reut/index.html

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WOOHOOO!!!! I absolutely detest reality TV. The reason I watch TV in ther first place is to get away from all idoits in real life anyway. WOOT WOOT..

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually think some Reality TV is okay. For example, The Amazing Race starts up again tonight on CBS and that's by far and away the best of a bad bunch. It's like crack for travel junkies.

Survivor is starting to lose steam, but remains king of the land, and, thank God, most of those piece of shit dating/marriage shows are dying a horrible death.

Let's face facts though: Reality TV hasn't been "Real" since the first few seasons of The Real World on MTV. After that, everyone was acting out to be more memorable.

Oh yeah... if you want to blame anyone for the glut of Reality shows? Blame Europe... most ALL of them were started there and were adapted for us over here in the US of A.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was always under the impression that The Real World was the first reality TV show ever. Then again I say that because it's the first one I ever encountered ... a light reality drizzle before the tsunami years later.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To be technical, the first "reality" programming was Candid Camera, Queen for a Day, and other stuff like that back in the 50s, but in terms of "Reality TV" as we know it today, yeah... The Real World was the primogen.

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my friend Jessie convinced me to make a video for The Amazing Race after coming down to visit and making me watch episodes. They actually do some awesome stuff that I wouldn't mind getting to do, or at least the opportunity. We were going to be "lifelong friends" or something like that, since I've known her since um, I forget, my mom told me, I think it was 9 months, but it's before my actual memories anyways.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last night TAR6 started in Chicago, IL and they had to fly to Iceland (through Minneapolis, MN or Boston, MA or Baltimore, MD). Once there, they had to drive all over the damn place, get to a waterfall, drive more, either hop on a raft and search a 7 square-mile Glacier lake for a bouy with tags on it OR climb a steep Glacier Wall to get their clue. They also had to camp overnight on a glacier, getting to the camp by snow-mobile. Their "Pit Stop" (overnight stay to rest) was at a Hot Springs in Iceland.

Tell me that's not a cool damn game... That plus the fact that I already loathe one of the teams tells me it's gonna be a good season.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I should make a video with someone I hate and send it into the Amazing Race. "We're bitter enemies but we're willing to deal with each other's bullshit for a shot at a million dollars. In the process you'll get a lot of great, juicy footage."

The couple who won the last one was on some late night show ... Conan O'Brian I think. That's how I found out the winner. I thought it was interesting that the two oldest contestants won ... but they'd been married so long that they could deal with each other's bullshit easily. Works out well.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To paraphrase my sister, who probably lifted it from someone, 'Marriage is about finding that special someone that you want to annoy for the rest of your life."

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

courtesy of the devil's panties...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe that it's on many kitchen magnets and other knick knacks

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

really?

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic