Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Y100 is dead!! View next topic
View previous topic
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's THE BEAT and it's completely beat. Fucking rap shit...

Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just changed my y100 preset....there goes another one
PhillyJeep
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hadn't noticed until the other day when I started my car and rap came through the speakers.. it was kinda weird... in the Jeep I always play CDs or tune into Sirius 21 or 22.

I doubt it will effect my life much, although y100 did sponsor a lot of good concerts, I'm sure some promoter or another radio station will fill the void.. no worries..

talker does not make him a good man."

- Lao Tzu
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like Sirius 20 too.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone help me here:

Sirius vs. XM

which is better and why

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
PhillyJeep
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Yellow Dart wrote:
Someone help me here:

Sirius vs. XM

which is better and why

There is a decent site that offers side by side comparisons between the two services.. check http://www.radiosatellite.org/

I think both have their merits.. depends on what's important to you.. I've read thay XM delivers slightly better sound, and Sirius is more reliable because they have 3 stationary satellites instead of 2 for XM.. I will say I was surprised when I was able to get Sirius coming through without a problem in the narrow (30 yards wide and 50 yards deep) canyon in the mountains..

A friend of mine last summer laughed at me for getting Sirius.. he had XM and was all about it.. but in December when he installed a new system in his other car he got Sirius.. but he?s a HUGE Howard Stern fan so that was probably his motive.

People get all strung out about the difference in the monthly subscription, with is kind of silly since the yearly difference equals about the cost of a good case of beer, anyway Sirius offers a discount for a yearly prepaid subscription.. .my Sirius was 10 bucks a month since I got 13 months for a discounted price.. I also heard there are more charges for additional XM features that come standard with Sirius, such as internet streaming (nice if you want to listen at work or in the house), but you?d have to research that more since I?m not really familiar with it.

All that aside, for me the decision basically came down to what was plug and play compatible with the equipment already installed in the car, and what kind of deal you can get for the hardware. When I bought my Kenwood stereo I got the Sirius adapter from Crutchfield for free. If that had been XM ready instead I would have just gone with XM.

Also, I believe any new GM car you buy is XM ready (no surprise there since GM owns it?) and Ford and Chryslers are Sirius.

- Lao Tzu
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
TheSumner
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PhillyJeep wrote:
Also, I believe any new GM car you buy is XM ready (no surprise there since GM owns it?) and Ford and Chryslers are Sirius.

New hondas come with XM, free for 3 mos.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose this would decide which service I buy. The two stations I'd be most interested in would be Industrial/EBM and 90s Alternative. Is there a service that has both?

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think both do.

I didn't check the site, but good point. I noticed that to get O&A vs. Stern (my main motivation), I'd have to pay a premium that would bring the monthly of XM to the same monthly as Sirius. Considering I'd either get a jukebox to play it at work or stream it, I need to find out if that's extra.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Yellow Dart wrote:
I think both do.

I didn't check the site, but good point. I noticed that to get O&A vs. Stern (my main motivation), I'd have to pay a premium that would bring the monthly of XM to the same monthly as Sirius. Considering I'd either get a jukebox to play it at work or stream it, I need to find out if that's extra.

Streaming is free with Sirius, and works fine from my office. I think XM charges extra.
PhillyJeep
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone else noticed the same tracks overplayed on some of the satellite stations?

I'm not sure if this is a problem now, since I've been taking rather short trips since December.. but when I drove 20 hours from Florida in a weekend, I noticed a lot of repetition in the tracks being played, worse yet even the DJ's comments were repeated over and over.. maybe I just hit it on a bad weekend.. It was around Christmas time.. but hell, it drove me nuts since my CDs were under 12 tons of luggage and oranges.

I guess I?ll know if it's an ongoing problem soon.. I have a 7 hour drive tomorrow night and an 11 hour drive on Saturday.

- Lao Tzu
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PhillyJeep wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the same tracks overplayed on some of the satellite stations?

I'm not sure if this is a problem now, since I've been taking rather short trips since December.. but when I drove 20 hours from Florida in a weekend, I noticed a lot of repetition in the tracks being played, worse yet even the DJ's comments were repeated over and over.. maybe I just hit it on a bad weekend.. It was around Christmas time.. but hell, it drove me nuts since my CDs were under 12 tons of luggage and oranges.

I guess I?ll know if it's an ongoing problem soon.. I have a 7 hour drive tomorrow night and an 11 hour drive on Saturday.

I've only noticed once - but one channel played the same songs as I heard the previous day (different times though). They were obviously playing from a playlist - the songs were even in the same order!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic