Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Warhammer Mod for Civ Conquests View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=66060

I know Matt was interested in this and I think the other Civvers should check it out too. This is cool. There are lots of different races that have lots of unique units per civ. It is very interesting just how different the civs are. I played this for a few hours last night as the lizardmen race and ended up going to war with a human race. Needless to say our armies were COMPLETELY different and the war was very interesting. I do not know anything about warhammer so I have just been thinking of this as "fantasy setting for civ"

If you are a chaotic faction one of the technologies you can develop is Public Executions. That allows you to build the Gallows which makes one unhappy citizen content. How cool is that? They have other neat ideas too. Again, for the chaotic civs, you can develop Slavery, which allows you to build the Slave Market. It increases production by 25% but causes an unhappy face.

Did I mention you can "build" magic spells early in the game that act kinda like missles? Smile

Complete rework of Civ. Great mod.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do the Eldars get anything interesting? IIRC, they were a pretty badass race in 40k.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry as I said before I don't know Warhammer much so all these factions are hard for me to differentiate. I explored my continent by having ships sail around the coast and noticed that ALL civs (and I found 7) had interesting units that the other civs did not have.

Oh yeah and the barbarians have been replaced by monsters - krakens, giant spiders, skeleton warriors are what I have seen so far.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/gettingstarted/choosing_army.htm

Scroll to the bottom and select the banner for each army. This should give you some background so you know what to expect when you're about to kick some ass.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love my 5000+ point eldar army... but I never get to play. Evil or Very Mad

>^_@< ~/-\
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you will want to strike me for noting this but they have some cool looking layouts for Warhammer at the Rouge's Den. I wouldn't mind learning how to play but I'd prefer not to buy anything yet.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gabesilver wrote:
I love my 5000+ point eldar army... but I never get to play. Evil or Very Mad

and how many hundreds of dollars did that cost you? Smile
gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
I think you will want to strike me for noting this but they have some cool looking layouts for Warhammer at the Rouge's Den. I wouldn't mind learning how to play but I'd prefer not to buy anything yet.

Yes, yes I might. Greg's (Between Books) has awesome things for WarHammer every week but I can never go cause it conflicts with either work or my 2 table top games.

Quote:
and how many hundreds of dollars did that cost you?

All in all..... Most likely about $750 give or take $100.

>^_@< ~/-\
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty, check their schedule and go one night. This way you'll know whether or not it's worth the investment. Keep in mind that investing in the game involves painting the miniatures.

Miles
Evil Lurks in the Heart of Me!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty, if you're interested in warhammer I play at the roguesden almost every thursday night. (except I won't be there this thursday) Our group also meets on some random saturdays for all day gaming. Its a slightly expensive hobby, but not nearly as expensive as popular hobbies like golf ect.. The roguesden has the best set up for table top gaming in the area. If fact I think anyone would be hard pressed to find one as good anywhere.

The hobby really has two aspects. There is the game part which is fun and challenging, and the artisitic part, which I like as it lets me be creative and crafty. Some people focus more on one aspect then the other which can create a nice gaming group. (you get less powergaming a holes that way)

I play the fantasy version of the game. The fantasy version is a better game than the sci fi version. Though I will admit the sci fi version has better background/themes. Both versions of the game are played on thursday nights at the Den.

If you want I can lend you the rule book for your perusal.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me know if there is a Saturday game, I may drop by. On Thursday nights we do free sparing at my karate school, and I really enjoy that.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Miles
Evil Lurks in the Heart of Me!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem. I'll let you know.
Spectre
Giant Cockhole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a 12,000pt Orc and Goblin Fantasy Army..

I think I probably spent like $700 total on everything i bought over time..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic