Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War View next topic
View previous topic
Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This PC game came out late last year and was reportedly a very good RTS. Though the single player campaign was supposedly short, the multiplayer component was supposed to be awsome. Does anybody have or have played this game? If so, can we get a review on it?
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can grab it cheap on Ebay or used at EB. I've been looking at it for a little while now, but I've got a few other games I need to finish beforehand. I'm also planning on picking up used copies of Republic Commando, Battlefront, and Riddick.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8201451802&rd=1

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Supposedly, the expansion, which should add a new race and more single player scenarios will be out later this year. check it out

for $.49, who can beat that? There was some discussion of getting some LAN gaming in later this summer with this being one of the games of choice for the LAN party.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me know if/when. Having never been to a LAN party, I'd enjoy the experience.

Also, I got to mess around with the demo a bit last night for Battlefield 2. If you liked the original, you'll wet yourself over the new one.

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the BF2 demo, haven't got around to buying the real one, but I probably will. if you get it, join up with tacticalgamer.com or gamerswithjobs.com.
xfire is very handy for finding your friends, and so is teamspeak.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds good! I could never get teamspeak to work right, so I hope Xfire is better.

Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hrm...how pissed would markley be if I sniped him?
TheSumner
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard good things from Keith Jameson about Dawn of War. He seemed surprised that it wasn't a bigger hit as good as it was.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I managed to win the auction, so if you want to borrow the game, I'll bring it on Sunday.

Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

woot!
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, that's assuming it gets here this weekend. In any event, it's yours to play with while I'm finishing off a few other games. For the price I couldn't beat it. $12.50 after shipping.

Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I got my copy and I like it so far. Who all plays and when are you available to play? (I'm lookin' at you, Mike)
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's still sitting at my mom's and I haven't played RTS since Lords of the Realm 2. I'll let you know when I get off my duff and grab it. I should have it this week/end though.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic