Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 MIA: Miami International Airport View next topic
View previous topic
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I nothing good to say about MIA and would steer people away from ever using it. On the way back from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, we arrived 20 min early on American Airlines. A thunderstorm was in the distance about 20 min away. Our gate wasn't ready so they kept us on the tarmack (They wouldn't give us an open one). The storm blew in keeping us there for 3 hours (5 hours in the same plane). Once they could get us to the gate things didn't get much better. Immigration had 20 lines devoted to Vistiors and 3 lines for citizens. It took us an hour just to get to the slow jerk behind the counter. From there we rushed to get to our connecting flight to find out that it had been delayed (they don't have any signs in customs or immigration to update you as you go). We finally got into BWI at 2:30. My advice, fly out of Newark, NJ or anywhere else but Miami.

Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

eddie_baby wrote:
I nothing good to say about MIA and would steer people away from ever using it. On the way back from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, we arrived 20 min early on American Airlines. A thunderstorm was in the distance about 20 min away. Our gate wasn't ready so they kept us on the tarmack (They wouldn't give us an open one). The storm blew in keeping us there for 3 hours (5 hours in the same plane). Once they could get us to the gate things didn't get much better. Immigration had 20 lines devoted to Vistiors and 3 lines for citizens. It took us an hour just to get to the slow jerk behind the counter. From there we rushed to get to our connecting flight to find out that it had been delayed (they don't have any signs in customs or immigration to update you as you go). We finally got into BWI at 2:30. My advice, fly out of Newark, NJ or anywhere else but Miami.

I'd advise HEAVILY against Newark.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
suhmann
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Philly is nice and quick.

France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been thru MIA at least 6 times now and have never had a problem. Actually I had a great drunken time there with some friends while on a lay-over in Feb.
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

suhmann wrote:
Philly is nice and quick.

I don't fly much but haven't had a problem ever in philly. Now chicago's O'hare sucks mucho-asso

Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When we flew to Punta Cana we took a flight from Philly (no problems getting out) to Puerto Rico, then to Punta Cana. The going was easy. The coming back wasn't so easy, but not horrible. Our return flight from Puerto Rico to Philly was delayed 5 hours because the plane we were supposed to fly on was being held up at the (drum roll please.....) Miami airport! Oh well, we got home eventually.

fieemully
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've only flown thru MIA once or twice. Twas fine both times. I think every airport has it's punk moments.

Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And some are known for being bad. Especially Miami (where I've never been), and Newark. Sometimes if you're lucky enough, they will be having an exceptionally good day.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
fieemully
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah see I have never had a problem with Newark. I think most of the problems are on national flights. I mainly fly international so maybe that is why I don't seem to have problems. They leave late in the day so maybe it is less busy then. Actually come to think of it the only problems I have had are on national flights. Hmm. . . . .

The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only international flight I've had a problem with was flying into Miami.

Tech House Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I flew out of Philly last week on my way down to Ft. Lauderdale and I will admit that I was through security in 3 minutes but believe it or not, not a single person asked me for my ID. I didn't have luggage to check so I did the online check-in and walked into the airport, went directly to security where a lady glanced at my boarding pass that I printed and sent me through. Frightening if you ask me!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic