Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 BE A MAN! View next topic
View previous topic
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So when I asked scott(the roomate) if he knew anyone who might need a place to live, he suggested Sara(the girl). I guess I know now it was a sort of witness protection move on his part.

Quote:
While we may not be intimidating fellows, a black belt, a brown belt, a purple belt and a yellow belt can be intimidating in a group.

about as intimidating as a gay pride parade

Quote:
They will need to bring a lot of friends because they will have to go through 280 pounds of black belt

Thats a few more pounds then you had when recieving your black belt Very Happy
you better be at class tonight!

Last edited by Stavros on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorKong
Sentient Acronym Storage Facility

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Call the cops. Get a report. Go to the Magistrate Court (or Alderman in Newark, IIRC) and tell him/her that you fear for your life and would like a no-trespassing order from this mentally-unstable person.

Next time said person show, call cops, show them court order, watch him go to slammer.

Easy enough.

Evil or Very Mad

Manuevers without Signal is just camping in the woods.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stavros wrote:
about as intimidating as a gay pride parade

LOL

Stavros wrote:
Thats a few more pounds then you had when recieving your black belt Very Happy
you better be at class tonight!

I was at class. Biotch! And, yeah, the plan is to get down to 230 by July. Then I will go down to Virginia Beach or someplace like that and meet lots of new friends.

MajorKong wrote:
and tell him/her that you fear for your life

But I don't fear for my life. This guy is way too pathetic to scare me .. he sure annoys me though

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
MajorKong wrote:

But I don't fear for my life. This guy is way too pathetic to scare me .. he sure annoys me though

lie. there's nothing wrong with that...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
MajorKong
Sentient Acronym Storage Facility

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That could change rapidly if shows up with a gun or friends. If you believe he is unstable, that is a very possible outcome. If you tell the judge that you are a black belt, it might be assumed that you are at least potentially part of the problem as opposed to the "victim" in this circumstance.

Manuevers without Signal is just camping in the woods.
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And, here I thought it was Crazy-Neight!! in DC

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gannondwarf wrote:
Uty wrote:
MajorKong wrote:

lie. there's nothing wrong with that...
except he just posted in a public place that he wasn't. Uty hasn't learned the finer points of law yet. If you tell someone you are in fear for your life, and they say "yeah, you better be" and then you end up killing them, or even just maiming or hurting them, legally you have a rock solid defense.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, i'd hate saying rock solid...but it does help your case if a lawyer gets em on the stand and he says he was aware that he was harrasing you.
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, Uty, I know your pain. A good friend of mine was dating a neanderthal in high school and broke up with him him after graduation. He then started following her, including showing up at my house when she was visiting and sometimes when she wasn't and threatening violence to see her. He even tried to kick in the door. A call to the cops finally ended his behavior (tho not harrassing her through the phone).

I suggest telling the creep next time you see him that if he shows up again you're calling the cops. He's not welcome at your place and to stay away. If he comes back... let the cops rough him up.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

John - you're right. And actually, my black belt totally fucks me in the eye of the law. I listened to a speech given by a black belt who is coincidentally also a judge on this very topic. There was once a man who shot a black belt dead - eventhough they weren't having an altercation. The defendant was allowed to submit that he was in danger due to his victem's training as defence. Eh. We'll see what happens.

Maz - I know a few things about the law and have 24/7 access to a paralegal! (I love you mom.) My knowledge shouldn't come into question, merely how seriously I take this situation.

Sharon - wow that's messed up.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
suhmann
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally say call the cops. However, this sounds more like your roommates problem. Next time he comes over. Get your roommate and let him handle it.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My God why is everyone saying call the cops. At what point did it become unacceptable to deal with your own problems. Our society must change or will one day be populated entirely by permutations of Ralph Wiggums.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
My God why is everyone saying call the cops. At what point did it become unacceptable to deal with your own problems. Our society must change or will one day be populated entirely by permutations of Ralph Wiggums.

The fact that we have consented to being governed by law means that we have given up the right to solve our problems by any means necessary. After you have exhausted the means the government allows, you have no other recourse but to appeal to a ?higher? power.

I don't see how you can bitch about not being able to do anything directly 'cause you are a blackbelt and then call everyone else Ralph for not wanting to do something you can get arrested for. Why don't you just wreck this guy and STFU then?
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

because then he would call the cops? Rolling Eyes
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stealthr4v3r wrote:
The fact that we have consented to being governed by law means that we have given up the right to solve our problems by any means necessary. After you have exhausted the means the government allows, you have no other recourse but to appeal to a ?higher? power.

But "by any means necessary" never came up. At least *I* never brought it up. My strategy all along was not to take this bozo seriously and everyone said CALL THE COPS!!!one

Stealthr4v3r wrote:
I don't see how you can bitch about not being able to do anything directly 'cause you are a blackbelt and then call everyone else Ralph for not wanting to do something you can get arrested for. Why don't you just wreck this guy and STFU then?

Any bitching I did was in jest. I have never seriously considered violence, except in the case I come home and there is already violence in progress. The Ralph comment is rooted in expecting someone else (in this case the police) to solve your problems because of a perception that you can not fix it yourself.

This matter is resolved anyway.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic