Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Lost 1-15-05 (May Contain Spoilers) View next topic
View previous topic
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well i could come down to DE, but i work til about 7ish... so i wouldn't be down til 8ish. who's hosting?

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, it's been decided, bri and dan are hosting. i decided for them since no else can ever plan anything. Razz

DanMeltzer
Zombie Monkey Pirate Pope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there seems to be little interest in a LOST gathering other than you E... I mean, you're welcome to come over... idunno if I'll be there though.

Mistress E

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

why? did bri grow a second ass? even if he did, i can't imagine it would take up much room.

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We really oughta just create a generic "Lost Thoughts" thread instead of this outdated subject line Wink

HOWEVER... Wow. I did think it was a little cheese-a-riffic to have Desmond appear, but for some reason it worked too. That's the craziness of this quirky little show... everything gets really whacked out and it STILL makes sense!

So did anyone see/hear what Walt was saying?

DanMeltzer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
So did anyone see/hear what Walt was saying?

as the famed NY sports tv/radio news guy Warner Wolf says, "Lets go to the video tape!"

okay, actually I don't ahve the video tape... but I'll be on the look out for the torrent, and I know someone who recorded. We'll get right on it. One thing I did notice is that the words coming out of his mouth did not appear to be the same words his mouth was saying.

2 things for now... I'm still working on the rest of my crazy theories

1) Why does the door say quarantined on the INSIDE (perhaps sayid was right, there's no way of opening it from the outside for a very good reason)

2) If we accept that Jack is not Doogy Houser, and that the tech inside the hatch is from 1989 at the absolute latest, jack has to be no younger than 26 in the flashback, putting him over the age of 40 on the Island. this seems unreasonable, and therefore, Desmond did not put those things in the hatch himself. (btw, just looked at the dvd, there's a little bit more than 2 years between the accident and the wedding. after the wedding there's a breakup, a jack ruining his dad's career, dad goes to sydney and THEN flight 815. maybe 6 years total, so 8 years from car crash to plane crash? At the wedding he looks like the jack we know and love, and his dad gives the same advice he'll later give sawyer, so it can't be THAT long)

Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They replayed Walt's whispering backwards this morning on MMR and it sounded a bit like 'Don't push the button, the buttons are bad." But it was still really hard to make out. Didn't it kind of look like Desmond was doing the same thing when he was behind Locke?

And lastly on MMR, Steve said that due to the music being played and the voracious appetite of the monster, the only logical conclusion of the monster's identity is Momma Cass. If only the lost-aways could make a ham sandwich, they'd be fine.

France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought it sounded more like "Push the button, not all buttons are bad".... search around the net enough and I'm sure you can find a clip of it
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Click on "Walt from Lost"

The first three words are most definitely "Press the button" and there is a slight chance of a decaying "Don't" in front, but I think he's definitely telling them to push a button somewhere. The rest? I can't make it out...

It's a good thing Preston & Steve are such LOST freaks!!

Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I replayed those few seconds of the show (GO DVR!) like 10 times and I definately agree that that voice did NOT match his lips. I even muted the sound and watched his lips a few times to see if I could read them, but it really didn't look like anything at all.
TiggerTuf
Squeeze Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

okay, i just skimmed this thread so I'm not sure if this was already posted but my brother just emailed me this site: http://www.oceanicflight815.com/

if you click on the little barcode at the bottom and type in theislandiswaiting you get a little spoiler.

edited to add this site: Genetic Twin Mirror Theory
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite a clever ruse there.

DanMeltzer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

re: the thing on the oceanic air website.
The writers and producers of this show are VERY clever, and will often lull the fanatics into feeling confident that they're getting good info and then throw out something completely fake into the mix. last year they said a bunch of new characters were coming on for the last few eps and into this year, and they specifically mention Arzt would be around this year... but we all know how that one turned out. There was another thing that they leaked which was completely false that I'm blanking on now.

Anything that doesn't appear on a TV screen is not cannon, even if it's on an official website.

Tech House Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know the numbers thing has been beaten to death, but if you have a TIVO, DVR, video, etc., check out what is written on the vial Desmond injects into himself at the beginning of the episode.
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

love this show!!!!!! walt def says "press the button, not all buttons are bad." preston and steve have a slower playing clip on the website now. easier to understand.

can't wait for this wed! tho i am sure it'll be about the raft people and not about the hatch.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic