Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 kidney stones can kiss my ass... View next topic
View previous topic
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do what steve said, have them run more tests to determine what it is...but you probably already got the UTI tests done and appendicitis should be straightforward, BUT we are talking about health services at a university.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if it's your kidney, unchecked UTI can make its way there...:-/

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
jeboleth
Slutzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is appendicitus and you go to the emergency room tell them anything you are allergic to and then promptly pass out.

When I went to the ER at Christiana Hospital I told them I was in immense pain and thought it was my appendix and that I was allergic to pennicyllan. After about 4 hours of sitting in the waiting room the doctor saw me, told me my appendix had ruptured and that I was lucky to be alive because of the amount of the infection that was oozing out.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes you can't get it out quick. I once read a case about a woman who had severe pelvic pain for over a decade. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong and it was assumed she had a psychological disorder. An MRI revealed that it was because of a needle.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My experience with doctors is that if you have something common like a broken leg or a UTI or appendicitis they can figure out what it is quickly and fix it. (so long as you're actually able to see the doctor, as seen with Alan - that sucks man!)

But if you have something uncommon, and our bodies can be drastically different when you really get into it, then it can take going through many doctors and researching on one's own and dismissing any stupid ass lazy cold-hearted doctors who make weak guesses and can't be bothered to put in any research to find out what's torturing you.

Yeah. Some of us expect doctors to be really smart, to care about you being in severe pain, and to put care into your health. You'd be surprised how often this isn't completely (or even at all) the case. I have more than a few doctor friends and they verified this.

(just so you don't think I'm a complete doctor hater, I've had some really amazing doctors too Smile)

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm going back to the health center again tomorrow and going to see the doctor instead of one of the nurse practitioners... as much as i love the nurse practitioners, i don't think they're prepared to deal with anything more than the obvious...

the other thing is that my mother's side of the family is prone to random *benign* tumors/cysts/fibroids/etc. especially in the abdominal area and mom decided to reminded me of this tonight... so i'm stoked... yay genetics... and on the weird internal differences note, when my dad's appendix ruptured last december they found it under his ribcage... so anything's possible...

and they got my last urine analysis back... no blood, no bacteria, nothing out of the ordinary... but they told me to come back if it gets worse or anything else comes up... and i'm here at school until the 21st so they have a little under a week to figure this out... and if not i can go to my family doctor when i get home...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic