Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I know I'm not the only one that.. View next topic
View previous topic
Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FUCKING HATES VERIZON!@!@#$)(*@!@! Miserable idiot fucks!@!

I had to spend 45 minutes on my CELL PHONE because the bastards disconnected my phone line AGAIN for not paying charges I don't owe!@!@#! I had to tell 5 different people that there's no way I made a call to a 900 number on the 5th of May because I was in the freaking hospital!

I think I bitched enough so maybe they'll actually get it right this time. But I'm not holding my breath. I really need to look into a different phone company.

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ooo-ooo!!! My sister and her fiancee just canceled their Verizon phone service because they ordered DSL on November 30th and Verizon STILL hasn't gotten out to their house (in North Wilmington) to hook it up. They cancelled 4 times including today.

I still think Verizon Wireless blows Cingular away though.

Tigger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't even think there are any other phone services available out here. I checked Cavalier and they aren't available. Honostly, I don't even know of any other phone companies. Sad I'd just freakin' cancel it and go with my cell but I have a modem. We don't even have cable TV!@!!

The only problem I've had with VW is when I first signed up with them they kept screwing up my bill. But once they caught on to the fact that I actually read it, they straightened up.

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could try MCI's The Neighborhood which I have up here. I would also like to say a big FU to verizon. Although, the one technician that finally came out to may place when I moved in about a week late did repair one of my phone jacks which they're not supposed to do. He was cool. Their service sucks.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My dad worked for Bell/Verizon/etc and I've got way more reason to hate these guys than you ever will. Wink

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am less than fond of them as well. When we moved into our apartment we put the new number on the housewarming invites and sent them out the day they said the phone as connected. A week later my roomie and I were both calling and asking why our phone service wasn't on yet. "No, we said the 5th of December, not the 15th of November".... Aholes.

Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just before christmas Verizon sent us a dsl startup kit (to Miles even though I'm the one on the bill) when we didn't ask for it. So far they havn't charged us yet and I think I would have to call them to activate it anyway. I'm pretty sure this is a marketing stunt and is quite evil.
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They sent my mom the same info. She called and got it set up; then someone else called later to say she didn't have the service in her area yet. Goddamn douchebags.

That's why I have cable internet and Cavalier telephone. Unfortunately, I have VZW for cell phone. However, their phones suck the balls. They're the only company I know that hamstrings the phone's software with their proprietary bullshit.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
KiltedMan
Womb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Ooo-ooo!!! My sister and her fiancee just canceled their Verizon phone service because they ordered DSL on November 30th and Verizon STILL hasn't gotten out to their house (in North Wilmington) to hook it up. They cancelled 4 times including today.

I still think Verizon Wireless blows Cingular away though.

If I may impart some words about Verizon Data (the DSL branch) and the Verizon non-cell Phone company...

Having dealt with them on a daily basis at DCA Net, they are all idiots. Incompetent would be too kind a word to describe them. Verizon constantly fucks up because there is no inter-communication between departments. Granted, they have millions of customers and do the best they can, but they need some serious improvement. Verizon Data constantly designed circuits incorrectly, went to the wrong address, took way too long to complete circuits, etc. etc. Their infrastructure is old as hell and they've been constantly working on it for the past 3-4 years so they can start running fiber connections which won't degrade like copper does. I will give them credit because if they blinked out of existence, we would be heavily screwed. They built the infrastructure 20th centry communication is based around and they are working to get rid of all the old equipment.

This still doesn't stop me from hating them because of a cable going bad between DCA Net's cabinet in their Market St. NOC and thier cabinet. This caused a day-long outtage. I hate them so very much.

A word about Cavalier: they resell Verizon lines due to the deregulation of the phone company. Don't trust them. Just get Verizon phone service or a Verizon cell phone.

Verizon Wireless makes money hand over foot and every other part of Verizon is jealous. Their service is impeccable and their people are friendly. True story: I was carrying my cell phone and a cup of coffee in my right hand on my way to lunch and *bloop* it fell in. I admit my fault and fully take responsibility for the dumb-assed nature of the incident. I called the 800 number verizon rep and they told me I had to purchase a new phone. I called the store on k'wood highway and they said the same thing. Facing the fact I was going to have to shell out $180.00 for a phone just like the simple, basic LG 3200 I had carelessly let slip into a cup of coffee, the rest of the day had quite a pallor. Well, work ends and I drive to the Kirkwood Highway Verizon Wireless store, enter my name into the electronic queue for tech support (*coughcoughAPPLESTORERIPOFFcoughcough*) and wait my turn. A Verizon tech calls my name and I say to him: "Hi, I do technical support for a living and I hate it when people do stupid things. I have done something incredibly stupid. I accidentally dropped my cellphone into my coffee. I totally messed up and accept responsibility. Can you help?" He took the phone back messed around for about ten minutes, came back out and said he just swapped out my phone for the newer model at no charge. You could have knocked me over with a feather. they won a contract renewal right there. You wouldn't get that kind of service from Vz Data or Comcast.

I call not the fat kid!

Cogito ergo sum fortior!
Soylens Viridis Homines Est.
Tigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had my cell phones replaced by Verizon Reps many times for stupid stuff, that's nothing new.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic