Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Too much damn email View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

50+ emails a day regarding a project is TOO DAMN MANY

Fuck it, I just delete them all.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to do that. As a matter of fact, when the last company decided to lay us all off, I just put up an Out-Of-Office message for the last week and refused to answer any. I think it read:
Quote:
Since I won't be working here in a week anyway, I think you're wasting your time even trying to convince me of your e-mail's importance. Please forward to Customer Support so you can feel that someone is taking you seriously.

I don't believe they liked it, but they were already firing us anyway so I didn't give a fuck Twisted Evil

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
50+ emails a day regarding a project is TOO DAMN MANY

are you a teacher/professor? if so, make up a FAQ sheet, hand it out at the beginning of the term, and refuse to answer anything on that sheet at a later date... or, if there's a million people asking ths same thing, blanket reply the answer to the whole class and tell them all that the next person to ask a question that you've answered either on the FAQ sheet or in a blanket reply gets 5pts off their grade automatically and double it for every subsequent offense...

they may think you're a dick, but you'll get a lot fewer redundant e-mails...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No ... this is all regarding software development ... I don't need to be aware of the bigger picture because I am merely supporting two staff members who are on this project full time. (Average time spent on this project: three hours weekly.)

A lot of the emails inform me that tasks I did not ever know existed have moved from status "unassigned" to status "assigned"

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ah... makes more sense now...

and i feel your pain... the college of nursing here loves to send out e-mails like that... most of which i could care less about...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't you just make a rule to move everything to a sub-folder that you'll never look at if it matches certain criteria?

jewles
Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do that at work. Some of it goes straigt to deleted items Smile
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The delete key is your friend. Just enable the 2-3 sentence preview in Outlook so it's easier to ferret these out without spending much time on them.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are these emails from a Project Tracking system? You may be able to ask the admin to only send you email that pertains to you.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, actually. Thing is all these emails go to a "project email list" and sometimes legit emails I need to read come to this list. There isn't really a solution, I just have to manually determine what is junk and what is not.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic