Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Fantastic Four (Movie) View next topic
View previous topic
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first saw the rumours that this would be made into a film, I thought Eh... never a huge fan of "The 4" myself. It's probably gonna suck. I had a gleam of hope when I saw that two of my FX favorites were involved though: Michael Chiklis as The Thing and Julian McMahon as Victor Von Doom. Still, I wasn't too excited.

So I'm at the beach, bored off my ass, and I decided to take my younger cousin out because we were both completely bored and the moron forgot to bring his PS2 so I could whoop his ass in hockey. Well, that's neither here nor there, but we ended up going to see Fantastic Four at the Midway theatre between Lewes & Rehobeth on Route 1 (shitty theatre, great seats).

The long and short of it? The movie was much better than I'd thought it would be! Where a lot of the first "superhero" movies go badly is when the writers spend a ton of time on some human backstory to make the heroes seem more connected after they get their powers. Since the FF are basically not hiding who they are, that was completely tossed out. We had about 20 minutes of pre-power story and the rest was pure plot. Granted, it wasn't Citizen Kane or anything, but it was certainly not Batman & Robin either.

Julian McMahon rocked as Doom. He's got this slick manner to him and played Dr. Troy (his character on Nip/Tuck) with a meaner edge in this movie. Jessica Alba? She's just hot. Can't act worth a damn, but I don't really see the need for her to! Hot. Chris Evans completely captured Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm in his role. I remember Torch being a brash, arrogant, cock-munch... and he was. Perfectly played. Chiklis did as well as he could under all that make-up. I think he looked a little odd however... I think I missed that rectangular brow The Thing had in the comics, I dunno. I have no idea who Ioan Gruffudd is, but he played a decent role as Reed Richards.

All-in-all the movie did a great job at being a mindless popcorn movie for the summer. Since it cleaned up the last 2 weeks in the box-office tallies, you can be damned sure there will be a sequel! With The 4 being around for so long in the Marvel continuum, you know they have a wealth of villans they can dip into for any further movies.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
at the Midway theatre between Lewes & Rehobeth on Route 1 (shitty theatre, great seats)

That was one of my high school hangouts!

It isn't a shitty theatre it is a shitty town Razz

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Midway theatre between Lewes & Rehobeth on Route 1 (shitty theatre, great seats).

There is a story here. Midway aparently renevated its seats for the summer season. So the old seats where thrown out. A group of old aquaitences of mine where driving past and saw this mountain of old theater chairs. over the period of the next few hours they rounded up as many pick-up driving friends they knew and began hauling them away. Current E-BAY sales total exceeds $20,000!
Spectre
Giant Cockhole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You left out how they fucked up the story nearly as bad as Batman's parents being killed by the Joker.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I remember right, Ioan Gruffold (and I just checked IMDB) was Lancelot in King Arthur. He did a great job there, too.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic