Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 X-Men 3 (Spoilers) View next topic
View previous topic
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just saw it and wanted to know what other people thought. I didnt' think it was the best of the 3, but certainly better than a lot of other comic book movies. Also, I was dissapointed with Phoenix not bursting into flames. Great casting for Beast tho.

And, what's up with the scene after the credits? Set up for another movie? I thought it was the "last stand"?

Evil Lurks in the Heart of Me!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[entire movie spoiled]

Definatly the worst of the 3. Sure there were technicly more mutants, but most didn't do anything except die real quick. Most of the fights were blah with out much to them. The much hyped confrontation between pyro and ice man was such a disapointment. Sure, billy iced up, but thats about it. Finally, not that scott is my favorite characters or anything, but I think he should do more than just die in the first 5 min. [Did he do anything in any of the movies?]

I thought Halle Berry's acting was poo.

Why were all the mutants goth? Its just silly.

What was with the last scene between pheonix and Logan? Why does she care so much about him that she won't kill him? She killed scott pretty quick. And don't tell me that pheonix can't kill wolverine. Cause thats just silly.
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Miles wrote:
[entire movie spoiled]

Definatly the worst of the 3. Sure there were technicly more mutants, but most didn't do anything except die real quick. Most of the fights were blah with out much to them. The much hyped confrontation between pyro and ice man was such a disapointment. Sure, billy iced up, but thats about it. Finally, not that scott is my favorite characters or anything, but I think he should do more than just die in the first 5 min. [Did he do anything in any of the movies?]

I thought Halle Berry's acting was poo.

Why were all the mutants goth? Its just silly.

What was with the last scene between pheonix and Logan? Why does she care so much about him that she won't kill him? She killed scott pretty quick. And don't tell me that pheonix can't kill wolverine. Cause thats just silly.

agreed on most points. i think it was poo that everyone died. why couldn't wolverine just "cure" phoenix? why'd he have to kill her?

to answer sharon's Q.... on imdb it says they are making a Magneto movie due out in 07

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The last scene was to create a setup for another movie, but most likely it won't be the Magneto movie, which is currently set to take place in Magneto and Xavier's past. This is the third movie in a trilogy, but not the last X-men movie; the production of another depends on the box office receipts of this one, and with the fourth largest opening at $107 million, it's almost a sure thing. Whether or not that movie will be the Wolverine spin-off (which Hugh Jackman confirmed), I can't say.

This movie was fairly well hacked together. The special effects were fantastic, but the only person angrier over the script than myself was clearly Halle Berry. And the whole look of Phoenix and the end scene was clearly just ripped, visually, out of the 6th season finale of Buffy. I did, however, like the inclusion of a Sentinel in the danger room scene.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just some thoughts mashed together. The climactic battle scene was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Everything leading up to it ... meh. I don't think the mutants were fighting for their agendas, they were fighting for time on the screen. There were just too many of them. I did like that one was a transvestite and this wasn't a big deal. Yes, it sucks that they used the end of the movie to set themselves up for the next one - but at this point we're all used to it.

I'm glad there were mutants dying left and right. What happens when a regular SWAT teams goes up against some other guys with good guns and training? People die from both sides. Now instead of guns imagine they can shoot lasers out of their hands and start earthquakes just by jumping up and down. People will die on both sides and you end up with excessive civilian carnage. In fact lots more than in the SWAT example. We're not used to seeing this because the comic book creators spend so much time coming up with character concepts, stories, and costumes that they are hesitant to kill any of them. And when it does it always has to be this jaw dropping story arch that takes six months to read. I never liked that.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, maybe it was because I heard it was the visual equivalent of a fat woman taking a nasty dump on stage, but I actually thought the movie was great. I did see points that fanboys would flip out (negatively) over, but I actually thought it was a great attempt by a new director. I rather enjoyed the fact that we had mutants lose their powers AND their lives. Also, the fact that they worked in the "Juggernaut Bitch" into the movie (bowing to pop-culture), well that was just neat.

Oh, by the by...
Miles wrote:
...The much hyped confrontation between pyro and ice man was such a disapointment. Sure, billy iced up, but thats about it...

It's Bobby actually. Gonna mention The Man, better at least get his name right.

Miles
Evil Lurks in the Heart of Me!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Brain fart

Anyway, I don't have a problem with mutants dieing. Infact, in principle I think its really cool. I just wish they would do somthing cool before they died. Most didn't.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, that's a good point. Jean got the only really cool death scene.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
Hmm, that's a good point. Jean got the only really cool death scene.

i thought most of the death scenes were lame. i did like mystique changing back tho, that was fun!

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Call me crazy, but I didn't think it was all that bad. I got to see super heroes doing crazy shit. Got my ticket value on that alone.

Court Jester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was entertained and have come to expect poor scripting on top of an interesting story theme from these movies. Halle Barry hasn't had a good line the entire trilogy, however Storm hasn't had a good line in 60 years of comics, either. Most of the walk-on mutants were extraordinarily lame. But really, if you distribute mutant power equally across society, most of them are going to be dumb and lame by the law of averages. At least it's probably an accurate depciture.

I enjoyed pretty much anything with Xavier or Magneto in it. Otherwise just a popcorn muncher.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic