Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 MP3 Players View next topic
View previous topic
EllyJy
Resident Young'an

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mine is limping along on it's last breath, so i think it's time to start looking for a new one...i'm looking for something reasonably-priced (i.e. does not include the word "ipod") and i think 1GB of memory should be enough (that's more than my current one has)...any suggestions?

Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some quick searching found this. No idea if its any good but for $9.99 (rebate ends 12/15) you can probably afford it. It only plays mp3 and wma files so no iTunes if that matters.
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This does a similar thing, but also includes .WAV and .ADPCM, and runs on a AAA battery. If you want to add an FM tuner, click here instead. it's $7 more to have the FM.

Unfortunately most of us use AyPods here. The shuffle is ~$79 right now, and is 1G if that is vaguely interesting for you. I didn't like the others brands and though it's pricey, for the money, you get quality stuff. I've never heard of any of the other mp3 players that compare for longevity, quality, etc.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
EllyJy
Resident Young'an

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm anti-ipod and my roommate said hers didn't last any longer than my last (current) mp3 player, which was significantly less expensive. and as for the shuffle--while it's comparable in price (ish) other other 1gb players, i like having a screen and don't really want to give that up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855125009 is what i ended up with, but i only paid $75

also, just a heads up--buy.com and a bunch of other online stores are running a google checkout promotion which gets you $20 off an order of $50 or more, or $10 off an order of $30 or more....
http://www.google.com/checkout/holiday/merchants.html

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got nena a 4 gig samsung for christmas. I just went to best buy and bought one. When I looked around online I couldnt find what I was looking for so I just spent some of my lunch going around looking for something that had all of my three major requirements.
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For future considerations, I've had very good luck with Creative's flash (i.e. shuffle-like) mp3 players. They work well even when you are sweating all over them while you're running or working out.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
EllyJy
Resident Young'an

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that's actually the other one that i was looking at...i got the one i did because it had better reviews and you get more storage for your money

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic