Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Looking for a design job (web, graphic design, illustration) View next topic
View previous topic
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all, I'm finally really seriously understanding that I'm not going to get a raise (or even a paltry little bonus) anytime soon. So if anyone knows of any jobs that would make use of that art thing I like to do, please toss them my way. Smile

My best skill is realistic rendering, I'm very proficient in Photoshop, a bit familiar with Flash, I'm very skilled at web design and hand coding too.

My two folio websites are:
http://www.puddlejumpart.com
http://www.inthepuddle.com

Also, if anyone knows anything about writing under a pen name (copyright issues-wise), I'd like to start doing that with my InThePuddle comic. I'd like to be able to be edgy under my pen name, but also get main stream jobs with my normal name.

fieemully
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey honey you know I love your work!

However the puddlejumpart one is a little unprofessional. I mean I know you may not want to do the boring corp stuff but it does make money and there is alot of it out there.

Also Add your pirate site.

If I were you I would create a simple plain basic site ordinary businesses could look at and would be interested in. There you could have links to edgier things.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably a good point. I've been meaning to update that website for forever - it's the first one I ever made. Razz

Yes, please don't send out these websites for me to potential employers yet, I do plan to create a good folio site soon. This is just for those of you who don't know at all what I can do.

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could temporarily create some art portfolios in an online catalog, I know a couple artists that use http://www.carbonmade.com/

I don't know if it costs anything, but it's a very slick site and easy to use. It might work as a good stop-gap gallery until you can remake your personal site to look more professional.

I used to know a couple sites that were lists of links to artist's resume pages, mostly spiffy flash stuff, but now I've forgotten. I'll ask Jason if I see him.

erait
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I work for Grey. You've all seen their work on TV, trains, buses, newspaper. We have the Hasbro, Pantene, Pringles, Canon, Covergirl, Olive Garden, Downy, Glaxo Smith Kline accounts and many more.

I'll check if the internal job board and let you know if I see any need for artists.
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My company's interactive dept needs somebody- not that we are officially hiring. It's mostly banner ads, emails, and website design. Requires extreme proficiency in all things web, an ability to go without sleep for 40 hours, and the acceptance that your outside life as you knew it is over.

But on the bright side I'm always seeing ads for companies needing web designers. Not sure if the salaries would be better than what you are making tho.

If you want to do illustration all of the illustrators that my company works with are handled through artist agents. Might want to look into getting one if you want to go the commericial illustrator route.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sharon: I make crap pay. It wouldn't be hard to top. Razz I've kept this job b/c of the fun and green lifestyle - but I just can't stay at these low wages anymore. I'm actually hoping for a company that's still green, but I'm willing to look at other options too. Smile

erait: Thanks! ^_^

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic