Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 NWN2 View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've done a handful of quests and I think I may be approaching the end of part one. Honestly, I think Obsidian has done a good job with this game. The 3.5 rules update is nice for those of you who like Rangers, Bards, Monks, and any other classes that totally got gipped in v3. The game also includes the Warlock class, which I'm having quite a bit of fun with.

The best way to describe this game is to note that it played like a hybrid between Baldur's Gate and NWN1. This game is much more party oriented. You can click on and take control of any of your party members. Group dynamics come in to play as well. I have picked up an elven druid, a tiefling rogue, and a dwarven fighter. They all hate each other. Dialogue choices are also well done. I'm playing a Nuetral Evil character, but I can honestly see an egotistical or overbearing Paladin using some of the same dialogue choices that I have made. It's interesting how that worked out.

The main quest is interesting and engaging. Even if you don't like the main quest, there is still quite a bit of value to the game. NWN1 had about 4,000 user made modules. It's safe to say that about 10% were worth playing.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
jeboleth
Slutzilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, between you and Keith talking about the game, I think I will make a side trip to Electronic Boutique after work and pick up the game!
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

think I'll wait til its cheaper
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a lot of people who hate this game because they feel it's more like Baldur's Gate than Neverwinter Nights. So you may be able to score some cheap copies on Ebay.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite frankly, I like the party aspect better than the "solo" version that was NWN. True, you can't play with others as easily, but that's why they have DDO.

How is the quest design, Uty?

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The quest design is pretty good. Some of them are the tried and true fedex variety, but there's also some interesting different kinds of things to do as well. There are often times when your henchmen will speak up, or argue among each other. Interactions were usually interesting.

I got a quest to clear out some bandits. Well, I'm Nuetral Evil with uber charisma skills so I decided to have fun with it. Smile I intimidated the bandit leader into giving me 150% of his bounty, and then I fooled the quest giver into thinking that I had done the job right. Lot's of money to be had if you're a manipulative bastard. I do like how often there are lore and charisma skill checks. Steve could play through as Giddeon if he wanted.

I will say this though - I just got to what I would consider the first battle where I want to use strategy. It appears that my party AI is gimped ... not as good as Baldur's Gate, which is surprising. Still, it can be dealt with.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They released a new patch yesterday. For those of you who are interested in modding - this patch includes a NWScript debugger.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic