Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 We went too far... View next topic
View previous topic
Megaron
Brute Squad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We may not have made it this way, but guess what it's now our baby. My generation is out of college and now is the voter base of the world....we have a responsibilty to not get worked up over things like a man saying the word ho.

And btw calling a bunch of black guys niggers is far beyond calling a bunch of chicks hos.....I think you have the right to say it anytime you want, just be prepared to get punched in the face.

But now you say Imus is intolerable...do you think its fair to suspend him because you dont like him??

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're wrong there. The Baby Boomers still run the country because they are still in the seats of power and they actually vote. Statistics support that our generation is arguably the worst in history when it comes to people performing their civic duty. The last few Presidential terms have helped to disillusion more from our generation that almost any other, with regards to the political system.

----

Howard Stern has been suspended for less. He mentioned Sirius on the air 2-3 years ago (I don't remember exactly), and he was immediately kicked off the air for a day. As for Imus, he said something early last week and is just now getting his 2-week suspension. So tell me where the parity is there.

Quite frankly, Imus has enough "Fuck You" money to ride happily off into the sunset, so losing his job is a non-issue here. His problem is he can't get away from the damn radio, even though he was irrelevant 20 years ago. If he had just taken his licks and ignored it, this would be a non-issue. Now that he's going around, talking to people (dumbass), it's become a firestorm.

----
I know you're trying to address the greater issue here, but racial sensitivity will never go away. There are too many people who have been raised to hate "whitey" that they will find any reason to strike out. Hell, Sharpton and Jessie Jackson make millions of dollars just doing that.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Yellow Dart wrote:
There are too many people who have been raised to hate "whitey" that they will find any reason to strike out. Hell, Sharpton and Jessie Jackson make millions of dollars just doing that.

Damn, I need to find a way to get in on that...
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Megaron wrote:
We may not have made it this way, but guess what it's now our baby. My generation is out of college and now is the voter base of the world....we have a responsibilty to not get worked up over things like a man saying the word ho.

And btw calling a bunch of black guys niggers is far beyond calling a bunch of chicks hos.....I think you have the right to say it anytime you want, just be prepared to get punched in the face.

But now you say Imus is intolerable...do you think its fair to suspend him because you dont like him??

First, I really think that because we're men, that we can't know what it really feels like to be called a "ho" or a "whore." If we are called one, we laugh it off because of the societal double standard of sexual partners: Men have many and they are a stud. Women have many, they are a slut. So these women who were in the national spotlight for athletic achievements are now being referred to as whores. Do you think that feels good? How would you feel if your sister or girlfriend or friend were on that team? How do you think THEY would feel being referred to as such? I'm guessing that it's not a great feeling. If my sister was a point guard for Rutgers and was referred to as a ho, you better be damn sure I'm going gunning for Imus' ass in the parking lot.

Next... I'm not saying that Imus should be suspended because I don't like him. I'm saying that Imus should be suspended because he did something that got a lot of people pissed off and his show has already lost two MAJOR sponsors (Proctor & Gamble and Staples), so NBC needs to save face by doing something to prove that they aren't racially insensitive. The fact that I already don't like Imus just means that I'm not up in arms over it. Like you said earlier, say whatever you want, but be prepared to get punched in the face for it. Imus said whatever he wanted... this is his punch in the face.

TiggerTuf
Squeeze Me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

am i the only one who had never heard of Imus before this all happened?
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TiggerTuf wrote:
am i the only one who had never heard of Imus before this all happened?

I think I heard his name once or twice- not much for talk radio.

Brute Squad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This isnt his punch in the face. This is overzealous crackpots calling for him to lose his job. If the company wants to suspend thier employee thats one thing, but no one was going to suspend Imus until sharpton and his attack dogs latched onto this nonissue. Howard Stern getting suspended for mentioning Sirius on the air is because he is an idiot, and mentioned his employers competitors. Imus getting suspended is this backlash from a very small but overly mouthy percentage of the black community who weighs in on every little issue. The worst part is companies give this supraminority the power they have by caving into thier pressures. Who the hell cares if the Rutgers basketball team never listens to Imus again...the man has 8million listeners.

As for the baby boomers still having the "power." That's because we have the laziest generation in the history of America. Civic pride is a nonissue to almost everyone I know. I personally vote every election, even if it's for head maintenance man at the water plant...it doesn't matter. This is not only my right it's my duty. Voter turnout is so low among our generation as to be laughable. Yet people bitch and moan about they don't like how things work. Well step up to the plate folks.
I could rant longer about how pissed off I am at all 20-30 yer olds, but I'll just get angry.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just as an aside, I vote every chance I get. I'm actually steamed that Newark didn't publicize their city council election more.

A mailer or News Journal insert of some sort is not out of the realm of possibility for the city managers.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, whatever is whatever now... Imus was fired today.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic