Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 LOST season 3 View next topic
View previous topic
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tigger wrote:
Any idears on who was in the casket?

to everyone who thinks it is locke or sawyer in the casket, i totally think you are wrong. two things.... jack drove through an all black neighborhood into a funeral parlor owned by a black man. my frist thought is that it was someone who was black. my next thought is that it could be someone who we have not yet met.....

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shate98 wrote:

Did anyone else notice that in the flash forwards that Jack asked the head doc to go upstairs and see how drunk his father is... the father that Jack flew to Sidney to retreive the body of???

And who's the father of Sara's (Jack's ex) baby? (Altho that actress was pregnant in real life and went into labor during the shooting of Boston Legal during her "labor scene")

jack was prob too fucked up to remember his dad was dead.

sarah was prob pregnant with the baby of the guy she was with in jack's other flashback.

Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to say I was really angry at the end of this episode.

I agree with Tig whole heartedly about the fake beard, it looked like somebody glued a caterpillar above his lip. (PS what was he drinking that was bright green?

CHARLIE DID NOT HAVE TO DIE

He looks over and sees the invincible one-eyed Mikiel with a grenade. why in the hell did he not run outside and close the door. either way, the door being closed keeps the station from sinking. PLUS, we know there were SCUBA tanks there. He and Dez could have survived even if the Looking Glass got flooded. His death, while dying a hero is a nice turn-around from dying a drug-addled rocker, was pointless and retarded.

The flash-forward was a surprise, especially since he mentioned his drunk-ass father, but now that we know at least those 2 get safely off the island, a lot of the suspense is gone.

Ben is a total ass. I mean we know this, but even when his defeat is iminent, even when he's tied to a tree, beaten to a pulp, and knows that if he doesn't stop the call, his people are screwed, he doesn't come clean with any info. I think he'd have a lot better chance convincing the group out of there course of action (assuming he truly believes that the frieighter coming will actually kill everybody) if he'd just stop with all the secrecy bullshit and explain himself instead of being a cryptic dick all the time.

WTF about Penny. Why in the hell, when Charlie JUST turned off the jammer, was there an immediate INCOMING call for Penny. Especially if it's not Penny's boat out there. What number is penny calling on a video-conference-type phone that "accidentally" calls a station on a remote island. I especially like when she asked Charlie how he got that number. You called him, bitch!

That said, my favorite two scenes were Hurley saving the day/Siad being all bad ass with his neck snapping ankle grip and Jack finally just beating the shit out of Ben.
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Snouffman wrote:
CHARLIE DID NOT HAVE TO DIE

He looks over and sees the invincible one-eyed Mikiel with a grenade. why in the hell did he not run outside and close the door. either way, the door being closed keeps the station from sinking. PLUS, we know there were SCUBA tanks there. He and Dez could have survived even if the Looking Glass got flooded. His death, while dying a hero is a nice turn-around from dying a drug-addled rocker, was pointless and retarded.

Unfortunately I think, from a story-telling standpoint, he did have to die. The writers ran out of ideas and they gave him the most noble death possible. If you want to look at it purely from the enveloping aspect of within the show itself, Charlie kept dodging death with Desmond's help, but he knew that, if this didn't happen, they wouldn't be rescued and Claire and Aaron would be stuck on the island. His love for them was paramount in his thinking. I think Charlie's death, while avoidable for the short-term, was a hell of a lot better than the shock shootings of both Libby and Shannon, the fucked-up eating of Ecko by the smoke monster, the murder of Ana Lucia, the odd deaths of the two and the drawn-out death of Boone.

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

charlie did have to die. was desmond going to predict stuff for him every day? it would have gotten really stupid and boring. he saw this as the best way to go out so he did.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic