Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Blockbuster Online v. Netflix View next topic
View previous topic
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright folks, I'm about to sign up for one DVD subscription service, or the other. I haven't decided which. What have you heard about Blockbuster Online or Netflix? Pros? Cons? Help a brotha out.

jewles
Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We use blockbuster online because you get free in store rentals too. Used to be 2 a month (we have the 3 dvds at a time plan) with online coupons you print. Now its turn any of your watched dvds into the store and take home one immediately from the store. The store mails it for you and your next dvd from your list get sent as usual. I still get 1 coupon per month if all my dvds are unwatched or in the mail that can also be used for games. Cons are that netflix dropped all their prices a month or so ago by $1 a month and you can download movies to your computer in addition to the mailed ones (I think there's a limit). The two are very competitive so expect more goodies to be aded by both sides.
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We also use Blockbuster since there's one across town from us. That's pretty much the main reason. My wife used to have Netflix, but it was tough for us when all the movies were in the mail or watched.

I could be wrong, but it seems Blockbuster is a little bit faster on getting movies in the mail. It also appears that you are able to cross-ship movies if you turn your mailed movie in at a store (i.e. your next movie will be in the mail before the one you returned gets back to Blockbuster's warehouse/distribution).

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, since I hate socializing with people in stores and the post office is a block away from my house I use netflix since if I take the movies to the PO in the morning I have the next movies pretty much the next day

it was also a little bit cheaper

Last edited by Vanblade on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had considered getting a subscription a few months ago and started asking around. Most people I found used netflix because it was cheaper and had a better selection- altho if you're into mostly new releases that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like Blockbuster will have VOD now [linkie].

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic