Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Spoilers) View next topic
View previous topic
JasonT
Supreme Overlord of Bitchassery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I just get back from seeing the advance screening of this film. The only reason I went was because of the happiness brought about by the second Terminator. Where to begin. First off I gotta say that it was a pretty good action movie. Lots of stuff blew up, and there was a good amount of blood. Smile

The plot of this movie is as follows. The T-X, a hot blonde assassin machine from the future, is sent to kill John Connor's Underlings in the future resistance movement. John Connor comes across Claire Danes' character, who happens to be John Connors future wife and second in command. Well Ahnuld comes back to protect John Connor and the chick. Sound familiar? So begins the chase sequence between the T-X and everyone else. The effects are great if not over done just a bit. Eventually plot returns and we find out that judgement has not been stopped, obviously and today happens to be judgement day so....everyone goes to shut down skynet, who happens to be controlled by Connors' future father in law. How convenient. Well, yadda yadda, skynet gets turned on and shit hits the fan. We get a good look at how everything starts and we are left off with John Connor and Claire Danes in an old falloutshelter, protected from the attack on the planet. The last 30 minutes of this film are great, good effects, plot, and good ending. They foreshadowed T4 so be prepared for more most likely.

I was hopin to see more of the post apocalyptic planet and carnage. We only get a minutes worth, less than T2. I guess they're leaving that for the next one?

I got real tired of the whole chase sequences. They were well done and fun to watch but the whole movie seem to be on the highway.

There are a bunch of plotholes and conveniences which kind of bothered me a bit. I'm sure more people will be pissed off than I am at them.

All in all, I'd see it again and probably buy it. It's a good action sci-fi flick. A whole lot of guns and robots beating the shit out of eachother. The T-X was yummy and there was a bunch of great humor playing off of the previous 2 movies. With a bit more refinement, it could have been a bit better so I give it a B-. Go see a matinee.

reworking portfolio...
el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well put, jasonson. i agree that the movie could have done a little better with the fight scenes and whatnot since it really was overkill some of the time. like the whole bathroom fight- dude, yeah we know they're like indistructable but come on, do you really need to devote like 10 mins to that fight? but overall good, and yes, see a matinee.

Mistress E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i too think it was very good.

i also wanted to see a bit more of the world post-judgement day, but i guess i will have to wait another 10 years for T4. hehe

but, seriously, i enjoyed the movie very much. the first and the second in the series were very good cause they threw twists into the plot, and gave us something different. i liked this one cause it wasn't another twist. it was kinda surreal... like "is this really happening to me? is there nothing i can do to stop it?" nope, there was nothing they could do. the truth kinda sucks don't it?...

i give it a B.
go ahnold! he looks great for being 60-something!

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I really liked this one. I thought that the action sequences though a bit drawn out were well done. Stan Winston didn an excellent job with Arnies half man half machine. And I agree with Maslow the surreal feeling was definatley there. Infact I think the only real grip I had with the movie was the scoring I don't think it was were it should have been.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoops I mean I agree with E sorry, I was reading to many things at once.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought this movie was craptastical. It pales in comparison to one and two. There was no character development. I didn't give a damn if they died or not. Action sequences had the same problem that reloaded did. They could have done so much more with the plot, the film was like a pathetic first attempt at a script vs a finished movie.

>^_@< ~/-\
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

alrighty! thanks guys...I was thinking about it but if pretty much everyone says its not worth it I'm not gonna waste the money

and rob I know you said it was good but you love every movie
ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not. I hated Hobgoblins and Rocky and Bulwinkle.
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vanblade wrote:
alrighty! thanks guys...I was thinking about it but if pretty much everyone says its not worth it I'm not gonna waste the money

i thought it was good!

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*sigh* I didnt say everyone...I said pretty much everyone
and I was including those people who exist outside this forum

and I singled out rob because I always single out rob

and my wife doesnt want to see it and it is best to do what she says

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic