Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Firefly!!! View next topic
View previous topic
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, nobody, anywhere, even Bostonians, wishes they lived in Boston. Second, the trailer is awesome, and that movie officially owns.
ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The trailer was shiny

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BrianW wrote:
Dammit, I've gotta borrow the series from someone stat!

lets see

I have it. I'm walking distance from where you work. I'm walking distance from the pond where you spend most of your evenings. My wife and I are usually home and you can't be bothered to stop by for an hour to watch an episode. What makes you think you'll be able to tear yourself away from all that you do to watch the series even if we let you borrow it?
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

road trip?

Markley and I have family in san fran that are always whining that we don't visit... hmmm...

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vanblade wrote:
BrianW wrote:
Dammit, I've gotta borrow the series from someone stat!

lets see

I have it. I'm walking distance from where you work. I'm walking distance from the pond where you spend most of your evenings. My wife and I are usually home and you can't be bothered to stop by for an hour to watch an episode. What makes you think you'll be able to tear yourself away from all that you do to watch the series even if we let you borrow it?

I don't do anything! even at work! so i could either borrow it or watch it at your place Smile
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JEEZ LOUISE. Even I, the most notorious of people for not having seen this "Television" you kids talk about, have seen this series. And it is, as they say, "kick ass".

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
ironduke
Giant Teddy Bear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rob's Video Vault carries the entire FireFly Series also.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Penny Arcade Comic regarding SERENITY

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Penny Arcade Comic regarding SERENITY

It's true because it's funny.
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i finally watched the whole series over the weekend.

HOLY SHIT

That is probably the best tv show i've ever seen. Fox is even dumber than i could possibly have imagined.

Now the only question is how many times i'm going to see the movie...
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another member has crossed over to the Browncoat Brigade!

By the by... did any of you get a chance to see the super-duper premiere? If not...

Joss Whedon, Lord and Master of all he surveys wrote:
CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT...

...is not in store! Good things are coming... to a theater (possibly) near you!

It's Joss, your roving reporter, with another ZOWIE! exclusive(!) hot off the presses! Browncoats Bring Boffo B.O.! Vegas Vibe Very Vivacious! You heard it first here, true believers...

Okay, first of all, being that guy is exhausting. So no more roving and on to the meat of the thing. I just saw the whole cast today (which is in itself a wonderful and rare thing) and we all compared notes on the screenings, the general feeling being: damn. As in, Big Damn. You guys were SO sweet. We all thought it was a grand time. More (or at least just as) importantly, the Uni Brass thought it worked out great too, so... wait for it... there's gonna be more.

You might have heard rumors, but I'm here to confirm. On thursday the 26th the studio is doing another round of hit-and-run screenings, and this time it's not ten cities -- it's twenty. It's another vote of confidence from the studio and another chance for us to say "thanks" to you guys for keeping this all rolling. And most importantly, another chance to run that videotape of me before the movie, looking so tragically sexy.

"Wait a minute! What cities!?!?! Hey, %#$@face, stop talking about how sexy you are (although you are confessedly quite the dish) and give us the info!" Well, I don't actually know. I think we'll be repeating in the cities we've hit and adding 10 new ones. I expect can'tstopthesignal will have the info some time tomorrow, and let the manager-threatening begin! (Or, you know, the ticket buying.) Hopefully one of those cities will be near you, and won't be one where the film breaks and has to start again (heh heh... professional showbusiness... ). I don't know if any of the peeps is gonna be able to come out this time, but if they can they will, and I know Jewel's going somewhere 'cause she was working last time.

That's it! Except to add that Summer and I were pretty overwhelmed last Thurs, and I got the impression everyone else was too. Of course everyone else didn't have to put up with Summer's constant whispering of "I SAVED this film, Hackboy!" or her "surefire" system of winning at craps that had me down six large come the dawn... That girl. Just trouble.

Enough with this post. You guys are beyond swell. Let the party continue.

-j.

I checked the page he mentioned and there is no info as of yet, but let's hope that Philly is one of the lucky cities...

Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stealthr4v3r wrote:
ok i finally watched the whole series over the weekend.

HOLY SHIT

That is probably the best tv show i've ever seen. Fox is even dumber than i could possibly have imagined.

Now the only question is how many times i'm going to see the movie...

another conversion...excellent! Can I have my dvd's back so I may convert others?
jewles
Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your DVDs are currently converting Miles and I. This show is so awesome I'm tempted to buy the DVDs myself just to loan them out to people. Very Happy
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dibs after Jewles!!!

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check again; it's playing in Bensalem. 60 miles is a bit of a ride for me to see a movie that'll be released in the fall anyway.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic