Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Firefly!!! View next topic
View previous topic
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/04/film.firefly.reut/index.html

I don't know about the rest of you, but I found this to be a pretty entertaining series, and I'm looking forward to the movie.
gabesilver
Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So let me get this straight..... They took a failed tv show and are making it into a movie. What's the theory behind this one...

Quote:
man I know no one wanted to watch it when it was on the first time but dude, if we turn it into a movie and force people to pay for it they will come to us in droves!

>^_@< ~/-\
devlshangel
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefly? Must have been during my "too busy for tv" phase.

eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Three words:

Straight to Video.

Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fox basically killed the series by putting it at the one timeslot that you're virtually destined to lose the 18-24 crowd in: Friday night at 8PM.
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He did Titan A.E! Mmmmmm soundtrack and stuff.....

Maybe he can make it work better as a movie.. some things are better as one shot deals. Some are better as a series. It's rare when you can do both equally well.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Major bump!

Good news + Bad News:

The Good news: The studio execs saw an unfinished copy of the movie Serenity and they "dug it large."

The Bad news: Due to an over-crowding of titles in The Spring of 2005, the studio has pushed back the movie release until Fall 2005.

Full news article here:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041123c.php

I am both excited and saddened by this. Excited because the studio has enough faith to keep it in a good position, but saddened because now I gotta wait 5 more months. Bah.

Oh... I am now chuckling at this post by Andrew:
gabesilver wrote:
So let me get this straight..... They took a failed tv show and are making it into a movie. What's the theory behind this one...

Quote:
man I know no one wanted to watch it when it was on the first time but dude, if we turn it into a movie and force people to pay for it they will come to us in droves!

Now that he knows the power of Firefly, he understands the passion. Yeah bitch... yeah.

shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am dying to see the movie- and I blame josh for getting me hooked on the series. Who knew? I mean, I'm sure everyone noticed how good the show was with the network executives running the episodes out of order, preempting the show half the time, putting it in a lowsy timeslot, and promoting it as a western with aliens (aka... roswell anyone?) You can note my sarcasm here please. Jos Whedon rocks and this is perhaps as good or better than the buffy-verse. He's happy with the film (see whedonesque.com) so I can't wait- meet you all at people's plaza on opening night?
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I missed this string the first time around. Being an avid convert myself, I say yay! It was so unfulfilling to get deeply into the series and have it just.. stop.

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bumpidy-bump-bump:

Click here for Trailer-y Goodness

WARNING: May cause you to grin like an idiot and exclaim your joy loudly.

ALSO... a word from Joss Whedon:
Joss Whedon, Lord and Master of all he surveys wrote:
Well.

It gets better.

As thus: The movie is very nearly finished. You've seen many pretty images in the trailer. But I've still got work to do and you've still got months before you can see it.

Unless.

And, no, I'm not talking Australia (but Hi, Australia! anyway), I'm talking here in the more-or-less-United States, a one time multi-city Browncoat sneak event. Thursday, May 5th at 10:00 pm, the movie (Serenity! Pay attention! Jeez.) will be playing at exactly 10 theaters in 10 cities across the country. You (or possibly someone much like you) (or possibly a robot EXACTLY like you, but with better manners and sonic arm-lasers, sent to take your place) will be able to buy a ticket to see Serenity months in advance. Not just the bitty trailer with not enough Kaylee and Book, but the whole film, in its extremely almost completed state.

You probably have some questions. How is this possible? What cities exactly will it be in? What are these changes my body is going through? All valid. It's possible because some clown put a bunch of Universal execs in a theater full of Browncoats and dude, they came out SWEATING, they never seen energy like that. They loved it, and even though they were already wicked supportive of the movie (see: earlier posts re: we're making the movie) they simply weren't ready for you guys. When I whinged on about pushing the date and everyone here was posting about "what do we do till September", they agreed to let me sneak it out.

Maybe they thought it was a fluke. Maybe they wanna see if people really do care about the flick. Or maybe they're just treating us with respect and kindness, though that last option confuses and terrifies me as much as these changes my body is going through (I'm "perspiring" and becoming "interested in girls", which believe me is very unsettling when you're 40.) Does it matter? The plan works for me, and it can work for a select bunch of y'all. Here's what I know:

The cities to be hit are:

Seattle
Austin
Sacramento
Boston
Altanta
Chicago
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Denver
The Portland of Oregon

If you're in or near one of those, you might wanna stop by. There's supposed to be a "Can't Stop the Signal" page on this website (I don't know where it is -- hey, I remembered my damn password, doesn't that buy me any cred?) There should be more info there soon about how to get in, bringing peeps into the fold, I think there's even competetions and stuff. (All I know is I have exactly 20 Brownie points. I answered ONE triv Q and got it wrong. Forget cred. I have no cred.) Now a couple of us might just creep into one of those major metropolitan multiplexes to see if anyone does show up, so remember: swearing in Chinese ONLY.

All right. This will please the fans and satisfy the employers of Joss Whedon, so I must stop as my arm-lasers are getting tired. I politely thank you for your attention.

Should be fun.

-j.

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dammit, I've gotta borrow the series from someone stat!

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Netflix, bitch!

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

borrowing = free whore!

EllyJy
Resident Young'an

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bet you all wish you lived in boston now, eh? Razz

Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EllyJy wrote:
bet you all wish you lived in boston now, eh? Razz