Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? View next topic
View previous topic
Poll :: Are You.....

Pro-Life
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Pro-Choice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pro-Choice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pro-Choice
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Pro-Life
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pro-Life
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Strife
The Flogger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rarely do I get an oppertunity to make people look like asses, but yesterday some Pro-Life retards came to campus and told us we all going to hell (which is a given). But then the Pro-Choice "feminist" came out and started their own rally- all very funny stuff. My friends and I felt like getting involved so we started chanting "Yelling is Fun" and then we protested that the caf. no longer has nachos- so we started yelling about nachos. I am firmly pro-choice, but i would like to debate the issue with people, who for the most part, are not biggots, so lets see what you guys think and why.

Last edited by Strife on Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:13 am; edited 4 times in total
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like nachos.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have nothing against Nachos, especially with spicy beef, sour cream and guacamole. Very Happy
Kudos on the "yelling is fun" chant, BTW!

I am pro-life because of my belief that the child has a soul upon conception. There are certain instances where I can see why people could justify an abortion for themselves (rape, if child is born, mother and child will die, etc...), and my heart goes out to those people that must make those terrible decisions. Abortion as a means of birth control, I am firmly against and consider it on par with murder. Just my $.02...

The Flogger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fuckin poll thingy...... : Confused
See, I feel that before birth, the child is still part of a mothers body, because without the mother it cannot survive, theirfor the choice is to be made only by the mother- not by the church, not by the government. I do not beleive that abortion should be used as a form of birth control in many cases, but if a mother is poor and has no way to support the baby- i think that it is better to let that child remain unborn rather then bring it into a life where they cannot be raised properly and will all in all have a shitty life. Also, if it is a girl who is too young to take care of the baby i feel that is another instance of where abortion is justified- rather then having the kid, fucking up the girls life, fucking up the kid, and in most cases the child is dumped off to the grandparents. Should people be allowed to have like 8 abortions- no, but should they be able to decide when to have a baby and when they are not ready too, yes.
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This brings up another interesting point, in late term abortions, the child could survive without the mother. Now with "economically disadvantaged" and teenage mothers, there's always adoption. There's consequences for every action (and inaction) in this world. The natural result of sex is children, even while on the pill (~0.001% chance) or using a condom. The potential mothers who go through with abortions usually have psychological consequences. Bottom line, if you're going to have sex not to procreate, make sure you can still accept the consequences just in case you do.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, I put pro-choice...but it counted it as prolife for some reason
Strife
The Flogger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I fucked the poll up somehow Question

Their is adoption, but that mentally fucks up mothers and the child- and then later in life your kid goes on some talk show lookin for you. Late term abortions are illegal unless having the child would put the mothers life in danger. If you are going to have sex not to procreate and both you and your partner take all necessary precautions its obvious the child is not wanted and the choice should be made by the mother and if she wants the father too. Bottom line- its the womans bady and the womans choice.
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any way you look at it, the potential mother's life is going to be changed as a result of the pregnancy. This is a consequence of the mother's (and father's) actions. We just not justify infanticide because society has gotten too irresponsible to lie in the bed it made for itself.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The reality of the matter is that we need to do something about all the neglected and/or hungry children in this country before thinking about forcing women who have either made bad choices or were victems of circumstance to bring new children into destitute homes.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The issue of murder isnt valid either. Just by living another day you murder people, places, and things...they're just so far removed that you dont have to hear about it.
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The neglected and/or hungry children are products of bad choices and victims of circumstance. So how many kids are out there that fit this description? Does anyone know? I know the government provides free breakfast and lunch for them at school ~ 5 days a week. Every community I've lived in has had a local food bank to help families in need (that the local churches helped support). With all the community assistance programs we have in this country from faith based and secular groups, I find it hard to believe that there's many starving children out there.

The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vanblade wrote:
The issue of murder isnt valid either. Just by living another day you murder people, places, and things...they're just so far removed that you dont have to hear about it.

Example please.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, basic human consumption requires the death of something...lets start there

and I'll just jump to...you only care about things with souls...ok, our government kills people daily and they do this with money you give them! then there are those who join the military...but I digress because you dont care about people who arent you
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

eddie_baby wrote:
With all the community assistance programs we have in this country from faith based and secular groups, I find it hard to believe that there's many starving children out there.

There are plenty of groups out there with the mission of (or at least contribute to) fighting hunger. And not a single one has said "hey, we've reached our goal!" They do a good job but there's still plenty more to be done.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the decision to have a baby is based on a lot of stuff. if you want to keep it full term and not keep the baby- go through adoption- there will always be someone who wants a new child. if you don't want the baby in the first place, do something about it. either think before you act or in cases where it was an accident or result of something tramatizing seek counciling. being that i am adopted, i think i have no choice but to be pro-choice... she loved me enough to let me grow and then let me lead a possiblly more normal life than what i might have had. everyones has that abaility.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic