Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Group projects will be the death of me, maybe someone else View next topic
View previous topic
Poll :: Which species of group partner are you?

Perfectionalis neurotica
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Perfectionalis normalis
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Normalis normalis
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Lacadazicalis normalis
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Lacadazicalis extremis
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i hate working in groups.

i always get put in the group with a member of the species Perfectionalis neurotica who feels the need to change the most minute details, but as opposed to the species Perfectionalis normalis which doesn't wait until a few hours before the presentation and won't listen to anyone else in the group (especially not the logial and reasonable people {no, that would make sense!}) Evil or Very Mad

i can understand caring about your work, but when the other partners are on the verge of tearing Perfectionalis neurotica apart, it's time to concider listening to what they have to say...

GRARG!!!!!!!

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Fearsome Anna
Bad Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate group projects because I always got stuck with the biggest, most useless bunch of idiots and I'd have to do everything myself. Grrrrr!

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of my groupwork before college wasn't really groupwork at all. I usually ended up doing all the work because I couldn't deal with the other kids slowing me down. And they were happy with that, because they could talk about irrelevancies like who was wearing what AND get an 'A'.

College was a little different. I enjoyed most of my group work in Computer Science classes because a majority of the people I worked with had intelligence comparable to mine. I also had a fucking blast working with Steve in Technical Writing ... we turned lame projects like "write an instruction manual" into "Spaceballs: The Flamethrower: The User Guide."

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fearsome Anna wrote:
I hate group projects because I always got stuck with the biggest, most useless bunch of idiots and I'd have to do everything myself. Grrrrr!

i would rather work with people who do nothing so that i wouldn't have to deal with them...

i seriously don't care if i have to do everything myself...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Group work is supposed to teach skills that will be useful in the work force (and I say this because when I was interviewing for jobs, I was consistently asked to talk about my ability to work in groups.) But the problem is, at the office you can (hopefully) count on having team members that care (enough to be paid) and are compitent. In school ... well ... it's school.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
Group work is supposed to teach skills that will be useful in the work force (and I say this because when I was interviewing for jobs, I was consistently asked to talk about my ability to work in groups.) But the problem is, at the office you can (hopefully) count on having team members that care (enough to be paid) and are compitent. In school ... well ... it's school.

see... right now, the profession i'm working towards is medical examiner... the only people i'd have to deal with on a daily basis on "projects" would be dead ones... unfortunately, my science grades don't look like they're going to be high enough for me to get into med school...

eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Webster's wrote:
Medical Examiner: a paid necrophiliac

The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

eddie_baby wrote:
Webster's wrote:
Medical Examiner: a paid necrophiliac

as if i hadn't heard that before... get new material...

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Webster's wrote:
Misogynist: a man who hates women as much as women hate each other

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, as a student of math I can honestly say
NOTHING GOOD EVER CAME FROM GROUPS!
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Webster's wrote:
BRIAN = the backwards version of a brain.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Webster's wrote:
Groupwork - mankind's invention to help the bottom of the gene pool float.

In the vast sea of life, that would make them the little buoys and gulls.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

try putting middle school student in groups. fun for ms. bober. oh yeah!

The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
Webster's wrote:
Groupwork - mankind's invention to help the bottom of the gene pool float.

In the vast sea of life, that would make them the little buoys and gulls.

nice definition, but...
Bad pun! Bad! Bad pun!

MajorKong
Sentient Acronym Storage Facility

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

el loser wrote:
try putting middle school student in groups. fun for ms. bober. oh yeah!

The irritation factor in people that age increases by the cube of the number involved in the group!

When I was in High School, I belonged to the Future Teachers of America (cool group - I was the only boy Cool ). I "student taught" biology for a few weeks while we were doing group projects (dissecting dogfish). God, what a nightmare. The teacher was all smiles as he watched me trying to keep all of the groups on track and in sync. (I always thought that Dr. Castelli was evil - this was experimental verification).

At that point, I swore to myself that I would never teach below the college level!

Manuevers without Signal is just camping in the woods.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic