Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 No more Rainbow Wagon :-( View next topic
View previous topic
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last year at 1am someone bashed into my car to steal my aunt's and grandparents' X-mas presents.

This year, they didn't settle just for my aunt's and Gparents' X-mas presents which were in my car awaiting mailing yesterday - the took the whole damned car! rrrr

Yes, so my car's been stolen. In full view of my work and right in front of the restaurant across the street btwn 5pm-9pm. WTF? That's a huge chance to take for an old '96 wagon, isn't it? Are the theives around here just freaking morons*? 9_9 Anyway, I've done the police report, the insurance stuff, and now I'm sporting a shiny new silver rental Neon while I wait 2 weeks to see if they find it - that or I'll likely get $4000 toward a new car. $4000 my ass, that car was in good shape! grrrr.

*(remembering the bricking spree where dude mugged people by felling them with thrown bricks)

Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
JasonT
Supreme Overlord of Bitchassery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FUCKERS!

soo sorry Sad

reworking portfolio...
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry, babe.... we will get them for ya!!!!

yar!

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any advice from you all? Like how not to get my next car stolen? I'm thinking the club (tho I heard it's easy to saw off) and an alarm system. Anyone know which system is best, etc? This car hell I keep dealing with in Philly sucks balls.

bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tho the club can be sawed off, people who are stealing cars see it as a deterent. sawing the club off takes more time, more time in which they could get caught in the act of stealing. they'd rather steal a car that will take less time to steal. therefore, the club could be a good idea.

also, if you are at work, make sure nothing is left in plain view. if you have cd's, shove them under the seat, put them in the trunk/glovebox, or take them into work with you. anything else, cover with a blanket or something.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a couple solutions to not having your car broken into/stolen while in Philly:
1. park in a parking lot as opposed to on the street, I know you work there so try and find a lot that will give you monthly rates... this can help with the $$ problem
2. leave your car in such a dissaray that people will think that a bum sleeps in the car at night. A wonderful deterant, I know for a fact after seeing every car surrounding mine in the Towers lot a couple years ago broken into one night, and mine in perfect condition.
3. DON'T DRIVE THERE! public transportation can be a wonderful thing....
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about the car - that really sucks. Sad The club is worthless - it takes 5 seconds to bypass, and anyone actually looking to steal a car won't be bothered by it.

If you have an aftermarket radio, it probably doubles the chances for theft. I also agree that hiding all CDs, sunglasses, presents, and other valuables helps.

If you really want to be sure that nobody steals your car, the answer is probably in the trunk. If you leave your car in a place that looks suspicious, open the trunk and hit the fuel shut-off valve. Nobody will get far without gas, unless they tow it. It's a little extreme though.
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never had it myself but i hear that car locator system, LoJack is it? work well.

A club is like having a static WEP key on your wireless network, sure it can be broken in under 20 mins, but every bit of deterrent helps and they dont cost too much, could be an xmas gift for you. Good thing is most of the advice given here can all be done, not lke you have to choose one.

I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could saw through a steering wheel in 30 seconds. The club is pointless.

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
France
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

another problem about the club is a story I read a while back about a woman who used the club in her car. Came outside to see a theif in her car. She ran up to the theif. The theif then hit her in the head, killing her, with the club which he had just detached from the steering wheel.
Sound like a pretty damm good reason not to get the club.... plus I love telling that story.
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not work in center city philly?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic