Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Woman dies while watching Passion View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

She had a heart attack during the crusifixion scene, damn, that's crazy.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/02/26/passion.death.reut/index.html

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
PhillyJeep
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe movies today need to have warnings posted like they do on rides at amusement parks.

talker does not make him a good man."

- Lao Tzu
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
suhmann
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I blame God. Twisted Evil

Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The sad thing is, they couldn't have paid for better publicity than this story is going to give that movie.

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tigger wrote:
The sad thing is, they couldn't have paid for better publicity than this story is going to give that movie.

Where have you been? This is the most popular film in years, by far; this story couldn't possibly increase its popularity.
suhmann
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Except maybe if Jesus showed up to watch.

I was just watching Jay Leno. He had Mel Gibson on. The guy who played Jesus in the movie got hit by lightning twice while making the movie. Jay said "Even if this guy wasn't religious it would have to make you wonder." Mel replied "yeah, he is a good conduit." Too funny.

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.techhouse.us/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1344
PhillyJeep
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking about this this morning. It's not like people dieing of a heart attack is"rare", like getting hit by lightning or attacked by a shark.

In 2001, 502,189 people died from heart attacks and other coronary events; 248,184 (49.4 percent) of those victims were women. That comes to about 1380 heart related deaths each day. Most occur during awake hours (16 hours a day), so that would be about 86 deaths an hour.

So, what's the chance of at least one person watching a popular 2-3 hour movie during it's course running in the theaters (3 months) dieing of a heart attack while watching it?

No this isn't an SAT question and you won't be quizzed later.

talker does not make him a good man."

- Lao Tzu
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heart attacks can also be caused by strong emotion, especially in the elderly. Of course, the heart needs to allready be in a weakened state for this to happen.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
KiltedMan
Womb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

See, the best thing about the movie is Mel Gibson hasn't had to spend much on publicity. The Jewish groups who don't read history very well are claiming it's anti-semitic (I'll weigh in on that when I go see it) but it was the Romans, not the Jewish people, who crucified Christ.

I call not the fat kid!

Cogito ergo sum fortior!
Soylens Viridis Homines Est.
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KiltedMan wrote:
See, the best thing about the movie is Mel Gibson hasn't had to spend much on publicity. The Jewish groups who don't read history very well are claiming it's anti-semitic (I'll weigh in on that when I go see it) but it was the Romans, not the Jewish people, who crucified Christ.

Maybe that's because it's not a historical depiction of the last days of Christ. It's entirely based on the Gospels.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn those Jews, they should be reading the Bible.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hear a whole family died during "Stop or my Mom will Shoot"
KiltedMan
Womb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HyLander42 wrote:
KiltedMan wrote:

Maybe that's because it's not a historical depiction of the last days of Christ. It's entirely based on the Gospels.

Curious, according to King James version, Mark 15: 15-26, the soldiers crucified him. Soldiers at the time serving Rome were Roman. Funny that.

Matthew 27: 27-35
Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers. 28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe. 29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! 30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head. 31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him. 32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. 33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull, 34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink. 35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Mark 15: 15-26
5 And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified. 16 And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium; and they call together the whole band. 17 And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head, 18 And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews! 19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him. 20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him. 21 And they compel one Simon a Cyrenian, who passed by, coming out of the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to bear his cross. 22 And they bring him unto the place Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull. 23 And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but he received it not. 24 And when they had crucified him, they parted his garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take. 25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.

Luke 23: 32 - 33
32 And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death. 33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

John 19: 14-19
14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! 15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. 16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away. 17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: 18 Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst. 19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Sorry, for hammering the point home Wink

I call not the fat kid!

Cogito ergo sum fortior!
Soylens Viridis Homines Est.
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On an unrelated note, Mel Gibson was interviewed about the movie and he said that there was definatly some sort of anti-christ / evil thing coming, and it would be very warm and inviting. It would be something the average person would be unwittingly attracted to. That combines rather conviently with this news story to be rather amusing.[/url]

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic