Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The end of an era View next topic
View previous topic
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ramble on
there needs to be another show like x-files... that would be awesome. TV sucks so much these days. even the history channel is too fucking dumbed down. I keep seeing more of the crappy paranormal type shows... ah well im just glad im not paying for more stations that also have nothing on. course i suppose i could get hbo... band of brothers was really good...
Ramble off
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see someone never saw the final season of X-Files.
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HyLander42 wrote:
I see someone never saw the final season of X-Files.

Course not. After the first person shooter episode i knew the show would take a nose dive... the first 4 years or so were awesome though
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. For something different, SciFi is running a mini-series in June about a guy who knows when, where, and how he is going to be murderd; he just doesn't know by whom. It sounds pretty cool! Too bad it's just a mini-series.

I also heard that Firefly is supposed to be extraordinary. I'll be renting that off of Netflix.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Yellow Dart wrote:
I also heard that Firefly is supposed to be extraordinary. I'll be renting that off of Netflix.

Firefly is absolutely incredible. So it was no surprise when Fox decided to cancel it less than halfway through its first season.
Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, unfortunately good shows always buy it in favor of sensational, lowest common denominator, "reality" television anymore. As for sitcoms, it sounds weird, but I think I grew out of them. I think I got all the sitcoms I'd ever need when I was little between the Cosby Show and Night Court.

Oh, and on the note of the x-files: hardcore shark jumping after the movie and David Duchovny's whining about wanting to shoot in California. What a mood wrecker. The first five seasons were awesome, though.

Mistress E

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BrianW wrote:
girls? plural? ewwwww!

could ross and rachel be anymore cliche? ewwwww! gag me with a coffee stirer

brian, you are never allowed to speak again. everything that comes out of your mouth is completely fucking hypocritical. i watched Friends since the show started in 1994. and yes, i have a life cause it was the only tv i ever watched. Brian would make fun of the show constantly. that is wasn't funny at all. yet.... every thursday night when friends was on and he was watching it with me (yes he watched it) it seems brian was smiling and laughing at every joke that the show made. he never once complained about it while he was watching it, in fact i think he liked it.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Brutal_Cow wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately good shows always buy it in favor of sensational, lowest common denominator, "reality" television anymore.

Actually, what I think killed Firefly's ratings was that it aired on Friday evenings. Not exactly the best spot if you want to snag the 18-24 crowd.
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to watch the X-Files religiously - until about the 2nd year. It was okay after that, but I believe the first year is and was the only fully good year or "season". Ice and Fire (ironically), are my favorite episodes. Fire is about the silicon based lifeform that is somewhat similar to a mold, I suppose. Ice is the worms up in the arctic that make people go crazy. Though Tooms was a pretty good one too, and it's sequel. OOOOH - also, the jesus parasite was a scary/funny episode. I have jesus in my body!!!

On another note - I don't really watch tv, it's not my thing, but Markley turns on SG-1 when he gets a chance on SCI-FI (though with comcast being a fucking bitch right now, we have nada - no tv, internet, nothing), and I would say it's nothing amazing spectacular wow, but it's pretty good especially when you begin considering all the other schlock that's on tv right now. Reality shows... *shudder*

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
Markley turns on SG-1 when he gets a chance on SCI-FI and I would say it's nothing amazing spectacular wow, but it's pretty good especially when you begin considering all the other schlock that's on tv right now. Reality shows... *shudder*

SG1 is good. i do enjoy watching that while i do my work.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The first two seasons of X-Files were great, though I thin that there was still some hidden gold in three and four. My paticular favorite episodes come from "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'", "Ice" and "Sleepless."

Yeah, sci-fi friday doesn't catch a lot of people, but it seems that for a lot of sci-fi/fantasy based shows, it doesn't seem to matter the night you put it. Than again, I hardly watch TV no matter what night it is anyway. Video games are what TV is for anymore, on the off chance I have any time to play those either Smile

Resident Young'an

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bigsado wrote:
BrianW wrote:
girls? plural? ewwwww!

could ross and rachel be anymore cliche? ewwwww! gag me with a coffee stirer

brian, you are never allowed to speak again. everything that comes out of your mouth is completely fucking hypocritical. i watched Friends since the show started in 1994. and yes, i have a life cause it was the only tv i ever watched. Brian would make fun of the show constantly. that is wasn't funny at all. yet.... every thursday night when friends was on and he was watching it with me (yes he watched it) it seems brian was smiling and laughing at every joke that the show made. he never once complained about it while he was watching it, in fact i think he liked it.

yup, i can vouch for that, since he watched a few episodes with me on thursday....then again, did anyone ever say that brian wasn't hypocritical? Rolling Eyes
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
On another note - I don't really watch tv, it's not my thing, but Markley turns on SG-1 when he gets a chance on SCI-FI (though with comcast being a fucking bitch right now, we have nada - no tv, internet, nothing), and I would say it's nothing amazing spectacular wow, but it's pretty good especially when you begin considering all the other schlock that's on tv right now. Reality shows... *shudder*

SG-1 is the shiznit! It's going to start it's 8th and final season, with Stargate Atlantis taking over as a spinoff. Have yet to see if that will be good or bad. It feels like all the good shows have recently ended or are ending. Buffy is gone, Angel is ending, SG-1 is ending, Friends is gone, X-Files is gone, Family Guy is gone, the few reality shows that were good are losing their interest. sigh, maybe we should go out into the real world Shocked

Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pomenti wrote:
Buffy is gone, Angel is ending, SG-1 is ending, Friends is gone, X-Files is gone, Family Guy is gone, the few reality shows that were good are losing their interest. sigh, maybe we should go out into the real world Shocked

Angel isn't "ending," it was canceled.
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't forget that Farscape is gone too, thanks to lack of interest. Then again, it seemed like they were inventing plot lines there for a while. Again, they had the shitty time slot; and the fact that they were on SciFi was the only reason that Farscape lasted as long as it did.

Oh yeah, Babylon 5 is gone, too. That was pretty cool.

I'm waiting for something good to show up -- and last longer than a mini-series -- on SciFi that will hold my interest. So far, all that's left anywhere are CSI and Law & Order for good shows. The rest are shitty reality shows.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic