Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The end of an era View next topic
View previous topic
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HyLander42 wrote:
Angel isn't "ending," it was canceled.

Ummm, same thing.

Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pomenti wrote:
HyLander42 wrote:
Angel isn't "ending," it was canceled.

Ummm, same thing.

Except not. The difference between a series ending and a series being canceled is the quality of show you get in that final season. If a series is being ended, the direction of that season is known well in advance. If a series is canceled midway through the season, what happens is the show's writers have to go through a mad dash to try to bring as much closure as possible to the series' storylines, characters, etc, and as a result you get much shittier episodes with much flimsier premises. That's how you explain, say, last week's episode of Angel.
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EllyJy wrote:
bigsado wrote:
BrianW wrote:
girls? plural? ewwwww!

could ross and rachel be anymore cliche? ewwwww! gag me with a coffee stirer

brian, you are never allowed to speak again. everything that comes out of your mouth is completely fucking hypocritical. i watched Friends since the show started in 1994. and yes, i have a life cause it was the only tv i ever watched. Brian would make fun of the show constantly. that is wasn't funny at all. yet.... every thursday night when friends was on and he was watching it with me (yes he watched it) it seems brian was smiling and laughing at every joke that the show made. he never once complained about it while he was watching it, in fact i think he liked it.

yup, i can vouch for that, since he watched a few episodes with me on thursday....then again, did anyone ever say that brian wasn't hypocritical? Rolling Eyes

You know I laugh at the same joke the 800th time, why shouldn't I laugh at Friends? Most of the time when I laugh at that show it's because it reminds me of my actual friends. I never really sad it was bad, just predictable and repetetive.
And Courntey Cox is the only hot one!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic