Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 how to fix star wars View next topic
View previous topic
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which reminds me, I'm overdue for pulling out the old Rosencrantz & Gildenstern tape. Razz

Let's see if they actually make enough space between overblown special effects and idiotic animated characters to actually *let* him act. B/C if they don't, I'll like this ep less than the last two.

maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never seen that....

I've seen the play (HTAC though..... ugh). When you watching, chickie?

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I'm fairly free all this week. Smile Except maybe Fri depending whether anyone's up for dancing.

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BUMP

IMDb.com wrote:
Wild actor Gary Oldman has pulled out of the next Star Wars movie because he refuses to work overseas illegally. The Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban star had agreed to be the voice of evil Jedi knight killer General Grievous in Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, but quit the production because it was made outside the Screen Actor's Guild rules. Oldman's spokesman explains, "Gary was excited and looking forward to working on the film. The snag is that the movie is being made without members of the Screen Actor's Guild. It means Gary would have been working illegally overseas. Out of respect and solidarity with the other members, he could not and would not consider violating the rules of his union."

neight
Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity

Location: Where the worm does not die and the fire is never quenched.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

#(*^#*^&^#&@*

Well, so much for that idea.

Venom Spewing Ass Hat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fucking idiot unions ruin everything..... again.....

>^_@< ~/-\
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gabesilver wrote:
Fucking idiot unions ruin everything..... again.....

I'm pretty sure it's George Lucas that's ruining these latest Star Wars films, not the SAG. I mean, did you even see Episodes 1 or 2? Because that's a mistake you only make once.
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn... you better replace your tampon HyLander. You're bleeding again.

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Damn... you better replace your tampon HyLander. You're bleeding again.

Did something in your head tell you that this made any sense at all? I mean, seriously?
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently he thinks that you are getting your period because he thought Episodes I and II were just "teh coolest evar!!!!"

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im in a Union. They negotiate my contract; pay benifits ect..., and also would give me legal help if nesessary. WTF does the SAG do ,atleast for a big time actor like Oldman. Its not like these actors have a set pay scale or dont have 2 or 3 lawyers on speed dial.
I think G.O. just wanted out of the legacy of crap that [u]Star Wars [/u]has unfortunately become
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

www.sag.org wrote:
What is the Screen Actors Guild?

The Screen Actors Guild (SAG) is a labor union founded in 1933 to protect performers.

Primarily concerned with wages and working conditions, SAG negotiates and enforces collective bargaining agreements that establish equitable levels of compensation, benefits and working conditions for performers.

SAG is affiliated with The American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) through the Associated Actors and Artists of America.

You can review SAG?s Mission Statement under Inside SAG.

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like I said, atleast for A list actors like Oldman the union does nothing. He does not benifit from collective barganing, he benifits from how well his last multi-million$ check corrisponded to the success of the film. It just sets a standard minumum for lesser actors. still its cool Oldman stood by the guild when he could easily have not. It probably had a lot of influence in breaking the old studio system which worked more like a sports team, and had way too much power over its employees.
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HyLander42 wrote:
Did something in your head tell you that this made any sense at all? I mean, seriously?

Actually yeah, it did make sense. English is a bitch to learn and comprehend for some people, but you'll get it with some hard work and effort.

maslow wrote:
Apparently he thinks that you are getting your period because he thought Episodes I and II were just "teh coolest evar!!!!"

Nah. The original trilogy were still light years better, but I am a complete Lucas-mark and I am not ashamed to say that I did enjoy Eps I & II and looking forward to III. You'll never hear me say or write that those two movies in any way stack up to IV through VI, but I, personally, don't think they are near as bad as everyone thinks. I do know I am in the far-flung minority here and that's okay with me. I'm too far past the age of conformity to give a shit Smile

HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
English is a bitch to learn and comprehend for some people, but you'll get it with some hard work and effort.

I definitely believe you; I've read many of your posts, and they all have that that "Hooked on Phonics" feel. But don't just focus on the grammar, also try to introduce coherence into the thoughts you express. I realize it's difficult; being a fan of such schlock fims as Episode II or Boondock Saints can only have hurt your ability to maintain and express interesting ideas, but keep practicing. Eventually you'll get it right.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic