Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 So what cool new music are you listening to? View next topic
View previous topic
el loser
Sexual Educator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i personally think someone should record the sound of cicadas and do something cool with it. hell, mix in some middle school voices and i'd be right at home Smile

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quoi? Star Wars flash? Give it up, dude!

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
bigsado
Mistress E

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i use eDonkey. it's not too bad, i can get most things i want.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

x23kitten
The Happiest Girl in the World

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

faraquett
the extra glenns
modest mouse's new cd is the shit

Tech House Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

puddlejumpchick wrote:
What is the best place to search for downloads nowdays?

check out the binary groups on usenet. I visited a binary newsgroup Wednesday night for 2 hours and left with 778 more mp3s and 4.06 GB less space on my hard drive. all the mp3s were 192 kps or above.

I checked out the first on the list below before my i went over my monthly limit with comcast.. are a few others I wanted to check out, but I don't know what the quality of the content is in the others.

alt.binaries.mp3.complete_cd
alt.binaries.mp3.rock
alt.binaries.mp3.promo_only
alt.binaries.mp3.promo_only.full-cd
alt.binaries.mp3.alternative
alt.binaries.mp3.complete-cd
alt.binaries.mp3.full_albums
alt.binaries.mp3.soundtracks

talker does not make him a good man."

- Lao Tzu
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got into a band called Denali after hearing a track of theirs on a compilation album. They're broken up now, but they're looking to get replacements to replace their lost players. I got their album "The Instinct" from iTunes for $7.99, so if you like to support artists who don't ask for your first born child in exchange for listening to their music, it's worth it Smile The lead singer has got this kind of haunting tone to her. Very siren-like. If you're into that thing, it's worth a listen.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty big into movie soundtracks and I just got The Punisher. Pretty goddamn good. The movie could have been much better, but the soundtrack rocks.

Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what the critics were comlaining about with the Punisher. Admittedly, I haven't seen the movie, but the Critics said it was awful after explaining what it is the punisher does word for word, pretty much spot on. He kills and kills and moves on to bigger scumbags. The ultimate case of a soundtrack being better than it's movie though is the first Mortal Kombat flick. That ROCKED.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First: The Punisher Movie... maybe I should open up a movie thread, but for now... The movie was pretty good, but I think they tried to make Castle too "identifiable to the public" and have him bond with 3 losers in his run-down tenement of an apartment building. If they had kept him as just this shell of a man who turns into an angel of vengence, then it would have rocked.

Next: Mortal Kombat soundtrack. Blew the f*ck*ng movie out of the water. Both Mortal Kombat: Annihilation the soundtrack AND movie sucked, so that's that.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a rule, movies based on video games are doomed to suck. (John Woo's Metroid will hopefully provide the inevitable exception to any rule.)

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Resident Evil was passable as a Video Game flick. Not an oscar winner, but zombies filled the bill for me as a way to pass an afternoon.

His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

>10K Very Happy

http://polaris.umuc.edu/~sdonahue/music.html

I have another ~50Gigs at work that I got from a coworker - I just have to figure out how to get it home...
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
John Woo's Metroid will hopefully provide the inevitable exception to any rule.

Depends on who plays Samus. If they get someone hot and "acrobatic" like Mila Jovovich, it could do very well. Frankly, I thought Tomb Raider was done fairly well. I haven't seen the second one yet, though.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Brutal_Cow wrote:
Resident Evil was passable as a Video Game flick. Not an oscar winner, but zombies filled the bill for me as a way to pass an afternoon.

No, it was a good movie until you compare it to Resident Evil games. Did they all run around looking for typewritter ribbons? Was half an hour spent running around the second floor of a mansion looking for a key shaped like a fish? No, of course not. I AM NOT SATISFIED!

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's exactly why I stay away from puzzle games now; which is what the RE series is, no matter what you may think.

Speaking of puzzle games, has anyone heard anything more about the new Leisure Suit Larry game coming out?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic