Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The Punisher Movie Thread bjciii Wanted To Start View next topic
View previous topic
Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard varied things about the new Punisher movie. Worth it or not? I hear that it's more of the new Punisher than the old Frank Castle styled Punisher.

But, really. Twist my arm to go see people getting shot stylistically.

Mistress E

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i wanted to see it but never did. oh well. guess i will rent it one day.

"I can't believe i gave my panties to a geek" -MR

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw... a thread just for me?! I'm touched... really. No. Stop touching me THERE damnit...

Anyway... I wasn't an AVID comic reader, but knew enough to be dangerous. I knew of the Punisher and that he was out to punish (duh) wrong-doers. He was detached from society due to the fact that his family was killed and he had no one else. So he went around dispensing justice. Of course Hollywood HAD to make a movie about it. The first one (with Dolph "Ivan Drago" Lundgren and Lou "Chappy Sinclaire" Gossett, Jr) sucked MAJOR testes. This one, in comparison, was Citizen Kane.

The problem I had with THIS movie was that some idiot movie producer said "He's too dark. We have to make him care" so they made him bond with his quirky neighbors (the token fat guy, the token hot ex-alcoholic chick, and the token computer nerd / burnout). You take that out of the movie and it turns into a pretty decent flick.

I would definitely recommend getting it "On Demand" or maybe renting it if your rental store isn't all that expensive (fuck you very much Blockbuster). I would *never* condone downloading it from an online source because I'm a law-abiding citizen of these United States and stealing is very wrong... blah-blah-blah.

Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The way I understood it was that there was a neighborhood he lived in where he didn't "bond" but they had this kind of acknowledgement going on with the inhabitants of his low rent hellhole. A sort of "You know I'm killing people to make it safe for you to live here, so don't call thee cops" kind of thing going on. Smile

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope... this movie he "bonded" with them. Shit, they had him over for dinner and tried befriended him. If it were more like "I do this for you, you look the other way for me" I could have definitely accepted that.

I doubt it made enough money for a sequel, but if it did, I hope the screenwriters make him the death-incarnate he was in the comic

Brutal_Cow
Local Angel of Murphy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My bad. My understanding came from what I heard about the comic Smile Shoulda said that.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bump!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040731a.php

Thank God it was "box-office be damned" because they're making a sequel. I have no idea how anyone else felt about the movie, but I rather enjoyed it... providing they take out the whole touchy-feely neighbor bullshit.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://brawl-hall.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1502

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I liked the movie! but then I guess I didnt have high expectations after seeing the first piece of crap!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic