Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Someone shoot Michael Moore View next topic
View previous topic
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/02/film.moore.reut/index.html

He's really pissing me off. I watched most of Bowling for Columbine and wanted to strangle him. He draws sweeping conclusions from the smallest amounts of evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised if his next film blatantly proclaimed that, "since fish live in the water, and mackarel are fish, then all fish must be mackarel!"

Grrrrr Evil or Very Mad Mad

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, fucking good. For every liberal screaming his head off like that in the media, there's ten moralist conservatives doing the same exact thing. Only they like to say things like "faggots want to adopt children to infect our nation's youth with their disease."

So, yeah, I'm glad to see something else. Anything else really.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hehehehe
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All generalizations are bad.

Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought he had some pretty good points in bowling for columbine. The only thing I didn't like was his blatent overuse of techniques designed to influence your feelings to agree with his point of veiw.

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nadrogue wrote:
I thought he had some pretty good points in bowling for columbine. The only thing I didn't like was his blatent overuse of techniques designed to influence your feelings to agree with his point of veiw.

havent seen it... which points? afaik the movie says something like "americans are gun crazy people and as such its not surprising our kids kill each other"
Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The movie actually says something to the effect of: The media has created a fear-based society in the US which causes people to shoot first and ask questions later. In other words, it isn't the fault of the guns, but rather American society.

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds reasonable to me. society is made of people and people are stupid....
Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stealthr4v3r wrote:
sounds reasonable to me. society is made of people and people are stupid....
stupid... sheep... whatever Smile

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm glad that someone finally said it... americans in general are stupid people who act like sheep... makes me glad to be able to say that i'm british... or at least that's what one of my passports say...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gannondwarf wrote:
i'm glad that someone finally said it... americans in general are stupid people who act like sheep... makes me glad to be able to say that i'm british... or at least that's what one of my passports say...

all people are stupid. americans dont have a monopoly on that....
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been a while since I saw BFC, but I agree with Dan for the most part.

It just bothers me because I know this movie is going to make 9/11 look like Pearl Harbor, in that he's going to imply that the government knew what was going on before it happened. Just like Pearl Harbor, there is -- and will always be -- evidence supporting both sides. Frankly, it doesn't really matter at this point because we can't go back and fix what happened. Plus, we've already foiled a few terrorist plots since then; including a major one to blow up an Ohio mall.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Nadrogue
I have the bicycles.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you should be careful about passing judgement before you see it.

www.LANFusion.com
www.GirlsofCS.com
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wait...someone judging a book by its cover?!...NO! the hell you say!
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is Micheal Moore we're talking about here. I'm a bleeding heart liberal and all, but still. Here are my predictions for this film:

- At least ten minutes of footage with Bush family members in meeting or hanging out with terrorists or those with connections to them. With creepy, anger-inducing music too. At least half of this footage will be taken out of context.

- At least three interviews in which he's really nice to someone in order to get them to start talking ... like "Hi, I'm doing a documentary. Would you please let me interview you?" Then a few easy questions like "Do you like toast?" Then suddenly, he'll burst out something like "DID YOU PAY FOR THIS PIMPIN HOUSE WITH THE MONEY YOU GOT CONSPIRING TO KILL INNOCENT IRAQI CHILDREN?? OMG LOL"

- There will be footage of at least one person who declines an interview. The next fifteen minutes of the film will be spent explaining exactly why that person deserves to go to hell and suffer for all eternity.

- He will invariably talk about the greed of administration officials (present and past, all conservative) and how it has lead to great poverty in Iraq. He'll say something like "if only these politicians weren't greedy bastards these poor Iraqi children wouldn't be starving to death." Which is inherently ironic as a) he makes a shitload of money in his work and b) he obviously is only using it to feed himself.

- Every teenager who actually spends money to watch this in the theatre will be just as pissed off as the teenagers who saw the Blair Witch Project in theatres.

- Footage "exposing" the connections between Mickey Mouse and pedophilia, satanism, and fascism was hastily added after Disney refused to distribute it.

More or less I do appreciate Moore's work, but I've also seen notable flaws in it before.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic