Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Adult Swim - Case Closed View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been watching this because I've been up too late at night.

The basic premise of this show is so lacking in verisimilitude every time I see the opening I feel like the TV kicked me in the balls and ate my brain while I was defenseless. There's this guy who's a super soccer star, who wants to be the next Sherlock Holmes ... he runs around solving mysteries. But one day he was apparently given a pill that turned him into a kid as part of some sort of lame conspiracy.

Once you get past that however the show is pretty cool. It's kind of like an anime version of Murder She Wrote but without the suck and the menopause. From what I've seen they're always solving murder mysteries.

I just wish it was a really smart kid instead of this overly complicated premise. I would say this gets the Uty seal of approval.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are your stamps mushroom-shaped?

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No although they are laced with toxic levels of LSD. Do not expose to bare skin.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was referring to the head of your dick (i.e. "mushroom tattoo"), but that works, too.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to retract any statements which insinuate my penis should not be touched. In fact, licking it daily cures cancer.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:
I would like to retract any statements which insinuate my penis should not be touched. In fact, licking it daily cures cancer.

Plus it contains a nutritious dose of antidepressants, so I'm told. Good for the whole family!

KiltedMan
Womb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, I've seen that. I usually catch the tail end of the show. It's fun and a nice alternative to some of the other anime you normally find.

I call not the fat kid!

Cogito ergo sum fortior!
Soylens Viridis Homines Est.
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, it's weird in premise- but what anime isn't? I mean, I always watch this one show (I'll let ya'll figure out which one <---) and there's this 15 yr old japanese school girl that accidentally falls down a well and comes out in feudal japan where she accidentally unleases a teenage half dog-demon in red zubas, and this school girl turns out to be the reincarnation of the half-dog demon's dead lover... um? share the crack please. convoluted premise required for anime. BTW- your show comes on after mine, uty... Laughing
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shate98 wrote:
yeah, it's weird in premise- but what anime isn't? I mean, I always watch this one show (I'll let ya'll figure out which one <---) and there's this 15 yr old japanese school girl that accidentally falls down a well and comes out in feudal japan where she accidentally unleases a teenage half dog-demon in red zubas, and this school girl turns out to be the reincarnation of the half-dog demon's dead lover... um? share the crack please. convoluted premise required for anime. BTW- your show comes on after mine, uty... Laughing

And then she makes me watch it so my brain explodes.

Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My God, now I understand the rank!
KiltedMan
Womb Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pomenti wrote:
shate98 wrote:

And then she makes me watch it so my brain explodes.

HA! Al, Inuyasha's nothing in comparison to Neon Genesis Evangelion in terms of brain explosion. If you can watch the series and get through the last three episodes with out your mind imploding, then there's something wrong with you. I'd be surprised if Inuyasha didn't have some wierd Schizophrenic ending. Though you should watch Gundam Wing, you would like it. It's strange, but you both could watch it.

I call not the fat kid!

Cogito ergo sum fortior!
Soylens Viridis Homines Est.
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just more of a thing between me and sharon, not knocking the show or anything. I actually watch it.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like Inuyasha in small to medium doses but wouldn't say I'm a fan of the series. Generally anything where they say the name of the technique as they perform it pisses me off.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
devlshangel
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you mean. I still watch it though. Although by this point I watch it out of principle because I just want the damn thing to end so I can see how exactly they're going to end it. It's on episode 154 or something, and it's killing me... absolutely killing me.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've only been able to get through the first two DVDs of Evangelion because my friend's disc 3 is the wrong DVD. Him and I have been trying for about a year to find a disc 3 at a good price. No luck so far.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic