Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Opinion on Grad School View next topic
View previous topic
Poll :: Which do you think would be best for me?

1. Get a Master's Degree ($15,000 and about 2 years)
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
2. Get an MBA Degree ($25,000+ and about 3 years)
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pomenti wrote:
**BUMP**

I got accepted to Temple's Fox School of Business and Management for an MBA degree with an MIS concentration starting in August. Very Happy

grats, hope you like it better than kerrie Smile
pomenti
Barely Adequate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dragonflybabs wrote:
Congrats on being accepted to Temple! I loved grad school when I went, but then again we are in two different fields. I want to get an MBA too and am doing some research.

My question though is what is your backgorund and why do you feel the need to get an MS or an MBA. I work for a web design firm right now and the CEO here has alot of expereince with hiring people and knows what to look for so I can ask her her opinion about what you want to do if you want me to. Just give me all the pertinent details and I will ask her.

Good luck with everything!!!!

What I am planning is to move out of a technical job and start going towards management. I've already worked up to senior network engineer and there is not much farther to go unless I want to get really technical (especially in one specific field) and that is not what I would like. Instead by the time I am finished this degree I will have an MBA with 7 years of work experience, and I am hoping that will allow me to move into project management, then director, VP, CIO, CEO, etc as time goes on. I don't really have any questions now about the path I have chosen, after much thought I am very comfortable with what I aim to do. Now I just gotta go do it! The question before was what kind of degree to get, MS or MBA and MBA is the choice for me.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic