Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The Man that is Mel View next topic
View previous topic
Poll :: What is your favorite Brooks film?

The Producers (1968)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Blazing Saddles (1974)
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Young Frankenstien (1974)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Silent Movie (1976)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
History of the World: Part I (1981)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Spaceballs (1987)
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I voted, but didn't specifically state which one was my fave, so here goes:

Blazing Saddles just nudges out Young Frankenstein for both Bill's Best Mel Film and Bill's Favorite Mel Film.

Even though Pryor was attached to star in the film, I cannot imagine anyone besides Cleavon Little in that role. I think Pryor's star wattage would have changed the role completely. Little had a perfectly understated attitude that locked Sheriff Bart into his own. Pryor could have pulled off the "Hostage" situation, but I can't imagine him singing along with the rest of "them colored boys" at the beginning. The lines that make the film:

"Somebody's got to go back and get a shitload of nickels."
and
"Where the white women at?"

Young Frankenstein was just too funny for words and holds a special place in my heart because it was the first Mel film I saw. Frau Blucher (whinny) and "What Knockers!" "Why sankyou doctor" were memorable for me, but the best part in the movie wasn't "Puttin on the Ritz" for me (even though it ranks Top 5 comedy moments in my opinion), but Igor's riff on "I ain't got nobody" as Victor is looking at the collection of heads.

Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im the sole hold-out for The Producers. Im a big Gene Wilder fan. Thats why talk of a new Movie w/Lane and Broderick really worries me. I think LSD's Love Power was the best Brooks musical number ("thats our Hitler!!"). Another great one was High Anxiety if only for The Birds paroady.
Also I didn't mean to make it sound like I thouht Prior would have been a better chioce as Bart, I just wanted to bring up the discussion. Well, I guess it just furthers my theory: White women love Cleavon Little.
Fearsome Anna
Bad Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:

"Somebody's got to go back and get a shitload of nickels."

It's "somebody's got to go back and get a shitpot full of dimes"

get it right or pay the price! Razz

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic