Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Celsius 41.11 View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 2288
Location: between alpha and omega

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.citizensunited-interactive.org/c41.11/

The answer to FAHRENHEIT 9/11.

_________________
TH Defender of the faith since 1999.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure


Joined: 02 Sep 2003
Posts: 2071
Location: N39� 44' 66.952" / W75� 34' 58.562"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm wondering... what would the people who died in the service of our country think about those people depicted in that trailer burning the United States flag and stepping all over it?

_________________
"The way I see it, there's so much love and beauty in the world, and someone has to balance that shit out." -- Davan
http://www.SomethingPositive.net/ (10/09/2004)
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
neight
Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 587
Location: Where the worm does not die and the fire is never quenched.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
I'm wondering... what would the people who died in the service of our country think about those people depicted in that trailer burning the United States flag and stepping all over it?


Not much, probably; they're all dead.

_________________
My brain hurts!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 2288
Location: between alpha and omega

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if they were still alive, they'd be veterans. Vet's don't like seeing the flag burn.

_________________
TH Defender of the faith since 1999.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure


Joined: 02 Sep 2003
Posts: 2071
Location: N39� 44' 66.952" / W75� 34' 58.562"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Without going to either political side, I just find it depressingly ironic that these people who are expressing their freedom to desecrate the symbol of our country owe their freedom to people who lived and died in defense of what The United States flag represents. But that was a little off-topic, so I do apologize.

If I bothered to see Farenheit 9/11, I probably would want to see the other side of things depicted in this movie. Title is catchy too...

_________________
"The way I see it, there's so much love and beauty in the world, and someone has to balance that shit out." -- Davan
http://www.SomethingPositive.net/ (10/09/2004)
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Uty
Tang Soo Techie


Joined: 03 May 2003
Posts: 9583
Location: On a never ending quest to save my girlfriend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once again I feel bad for Ray Bradbury.

_________________
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife


Joined: 03 May 2003
Posts: 1441

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, well, they knew the risks.
View user's profileSend private message
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass


Joined: 25 Sep 2003
Posts: 1289

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CITIZENS UNITED FOR THE BUSH AGENDA is a conservitive lobby group with clear motives.
other works: The Many Faces of John Kerry. Why this Massachusetts liberal is wrong for America
- Intellegence Falliure: How Clintons national security policy set the stage for 9/11
- Hand of Providence: Ronald Reagan "Bigger then Jesus"
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
maslow
Professional Pun Person


Joined: 08 May 2003
Posts: 4054
Location: Here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did that trailer actually make any sense to anyone else who watched it? All I got out of it was "Michael Moore Bad". Otherwise it seemed incoherent on what it was actually saying. Which, contrary to popular belief, is not particularly compelling to me.

_________________
"Can't we all just get aloob?"


*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject


Joined: 03 May 2003
Posts: 2911
Location: My pants are haunted!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

more or less it said vote for bush because...TERRORIST TERRORIST TERRORIST


9/11 9/11 9/11
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
DanMeltzer
Zombie Monkey Pirate Pope


Joined: 04 May 2003
Posts: 360
Location: Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
All I got out of it was "Michael Moore Bad".


I'm pretty sure thats all there is... it's a bit of a "rebuttal" piece. Michael Moore made a very one sided movie, these men set out to make a movie that will be nowhere near as successful and will probably only be showed in a ridiculous fraction of as many theaters as Mr. Moore's was, but presents the other side.

I've always wondered though people frequently said in defense of F911, "If ONLY 10% of this is true, it's damning evidence."... if you're willing to concede that 90% of it MIGHT be false, why are the odds so good about the other 10%? When we had short 10 question quiz's in HS, if I ever was willing to suggest there was a chance I got 9 wrong, I'd just assume the other one was there with it's siblings!

_________________
is the Space Pope reptilian?
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
eddie_baby
The Geek Next Door


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 2288
Location: between alpha and omega

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find it interesting that the movie industry has been drug into the political arena. It is sad that this medium isn?t any better than TV or newspapers. The issues of the party platforms, which should decide an election, are going unnoticed because the monkeys keep throwing shit at each other.

_________________
TH Defender of the faith since 1999.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
Uty
Tang Soo Techie


Joined: 03 May 2003
Posts: 9583
Location: On a never ending quest to save my girlfriend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been an interesting election year. Honestly, activist groups which may or may not have official connections to candidates are doing most of the mud slinging. I'm just looking forward to the media shifting focus from Vietnam to now.

_________________
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject


Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 3734

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Michael Moore must be shot in the head because he isn't doing any good for either side.

He should take Pete Jackson's lead and be another fat, bearded director who makes movies about little fluffy and fantastic things. Then again, Moore probably doesn't have the intelligence to grasp something like LoTR.

_________________
"If there is a God, and if I ever meet him, I'm just going to kick him in the balls over and over."
- Penny Arcade

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
View user's profileSend private message
Uty
Tang Soo Techie


Joined: 03 May 2003
Posts: 9583
Location: On a never ending quest to save my girlfriend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's a smart guy, he just can't do anything constructive. His life's work is more or less screaming HERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS!!! without offering any real solutions.

_________________
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: FI Theme :: All times are GMT - 5 Hours