Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Kingdom of Loathing View next topic
View previous topic
neight
Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity

Location: Where the worm does not die and the fire is never quenched.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php

OK, this game is several steps above Progress Quest, but still mindlessly entertaining as to be played during lunch or while code runs. It's part rpg; your character has three stats: Muscle (made up of strengthliness and fortitude), Mysticality (made up of enchantedness and magicalness), and Moxie (made up of roguishness and sarcasm). It's part inventory management; there's no limit on what you can carry, but you can only have one weapon, one hat and one pants on at a time, and three accessories. There's also crafting a-plenty. There's optional PVP, there's a mall where you can buy a store to sell the items you get from combat or crafting.

In the end, it's quite funny, there are lots of areas to explore, you advance pretty quickly, there are tons of monsters and items to experiment with, familiars with interesting powers, and each class can learn skills and craft special items.

I have started a Techhouse clan. The game has been around for quite awhile, but with some organization, we could easily be among the strongest, richest players around. Being in a clan gives you extra meat (cash), extra turns, and a nice place to trade items between members.

It would be nice to have characters of the following classes: Accordion The if and Sauceror most of all, Turtle Tamer, and Pastamancer secondly. The others are also useful and fun, but the AT, Sauce, and TT are the only classes which can buff other players, and the items they craft are the most usefully.

The 80 turns you start out with should be enough to get to lvl 3, which is necessary to join a clan. Follow the Toot Oriole's directions, then if you're an AT or disco bandit, adventure in the Sleazy Back Alley on the wrong side of the tracks to get the most Moxie. If you're a Sauceror or Pastamancer, adventure in the Hidden Pantry on the right side of the tracks for magicalness, and if you're a TT or Sealclubber, adventure in the Outskirts of Cobb's Knob in the nearby plains for strength.

Message me (General Zod) once you join, I'll send you some food (gives stats and extra adventures), stat potions, and meat for buffs from one of the bots. Also, if you want crafting, item, and food/booze spoilers, go here, and if you want quest spoilers, go here.

Finally, don't sell, eat, or discard anything you get from adventuring (unless you really want to... I won't tell you how to play the game...). I can send you the best food and booze, and provide meat for (pretty much) anything you need. I'll explain more in the clan-chat message board.

Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a TT (Go Terps!) named BobaVette. At least, as soon as my activation comes in. WTG neight!

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.escmag.com/v5/reviews/review.cfm?rv=415 and an interesting review of the game.

I crafted a Gnollish AutoPlunger today from a Gnollish plunger and a meat engine. It's pretty sweet.

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and this is why this game rules:

Neight9: do you still need a disembodied brain?
MixolAtWork: if i want to make a chef-in-the-box

Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steveness joined... I am still level two though.
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love being a pastamancer
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't wrap my head around the currency being meat.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The wost was finding a 'big box stuffed with meat.'

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty, you of all people should become quite accustomed to meat as currency.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Steve's in the clan, yay! I think we still could use a seal clubber, and probably another saucerer. my two guys are coming along nicely, mwuah ha ha.

High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

is there something you guys are lacking, neight?

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just made a saucerer.

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

High_Lord_Galen wrote:

we could use a seal clubber to do some mining to make eq. other than that, i think we have 1 or 2 of everything.

Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BrianW wrote:
High_Lord_Galen wrote:

we could use a seal clubber to do some mining to make eq. other than that, i think we have 1 or 2 of everything.

Hey dumbass - I've had a sealclubber for a week now. In fact, I've asked you to make a few things for me, but you're ignoring me...

Rolling Eyes
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how do you make a car?

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic