Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Free Web Games View next topic
View previous topic
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To get the ball started, here's a puzzle game that I am addicted to currently (having played it for almost 24 hrs now)

http://www.ace21.freesurf.fr/gamuz/jeux/laser.swf

Linq edited

*The Traffic Lets Up, But Breathing Becomes Difficult*

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
--Hermosa Beach, California
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
To get the ball started, here's a puzzle game that I am addicted to currently (having played it for almost 24 hrs now)

http://www.ace21.freesurf.fr/gamuz/jeux/laser.swf

Linq edited

Level 21 is messed up; there are two lasers, but one is blocked. Use code "ps/2" to see...
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

found it, but i had to get one hint.

Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BrianW wrote:
found it, but i had to get one hint.

WTF? I just put in the code again and got a different puzzle - I think the level was corrupted last time...

Edit:
Here's a pic of the corrupted puzzles I have to solve... http://steveness.net/level23.jpg

Edit 2:
Now level 23 won't load... I just get a loading screen.
Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, it's called Hobo Wars... You know you want to try it out!

http://www.hobowars.com/index.php?cmd=signup&id=146017
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Snouffman wrote:
Ok, it's called Hobo Wars... You know you want to try it out!

http://www.hobowars.com/index.php?cmd=signup&id=146017

Or Hobo Wars 2! http://www.hellbored.com/hobowars2/signup/?11944

It's the same as the first, but started more recently, so you aren't so far behind...
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Snouffman - Should I use turns early on going to primary school, or should I wait until I get to a higher level to take classes?

Also, same thing with cans... save 'em?
Snouffman
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Use classes early as you can to gain ability to fight then spend a lot of time beating up other hobos (like I beat you up Smile )to gain xp and a higher max hp. Also you have to be certain levels to go to certain places.

Cans, if you find them, you can sell them at the can depot, but the higher your Int, the more cash you get for them, so hang onto them unless you REALLY need the 10 bucks or whatever, so far I haven't found any cans, so lucky you.
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hahha, I hit a guy who last lost to Steveness

Guy on cell: When the freeway ends, turn left...Yes, the freeway ends....Because the continent ends, dipshit.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Snouffman wrote:
Use classes early as you can to gain ability to fight then spend a lot of time beating up other hobos (like I beat you up Smile )to gain xp and a higher max hp. Also you have to be certain levels to go to certain places.

Cans, if you find them, you can sell them at the can depot, but the higher your Int, the more cash you get for them, so hang onto them unless you REALLY need the 10 bucks or whatever, so far I haven't found any cans, so lucky you.

Have you explored the city? You get 200 turns daily to look for stuff - I have 75 cans. I have been beating up people left and right - I got $12500 in the first day, plus I bought the first-level weapon and armor. Level 3, speed = 3.5, power = 2.6, strength = 3.2, beg = 2, intel = 2.2. You are my only loss on this server. HW2 I'm not doing quite as well - this server has more people that don't know how to use the bank.

I'm afraid that once I get 100 cans or something, the game will say that I have too many, and can't pick more up (like food).

What I meant with the school thing was - should I spend my turns gaining levels so I can get to a higher school? If I do that, I'll be weak compared to others, but it might be more efficient. Right now, I'm trying to balance exp. and stats...
Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
hahha, I hit a guy who last lost to Steveness

Very Happy

The way I target people - I choose by how much money they have. I often find lvl 1 people with $800-$1000. When you defeat them, you take 1/2 of their money.

Another question - does fighting higher-level people give more experience?
maslow
Professional Pun Person

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steveness wrote:
Snouffman wrote:

Have you explored the city? You get 200 turns daily to look for stuff - I have 75 cans. I have been beating up people left and right - I got $12500 in the first day, plus I bought the first-level weapon and armor. Level 3, speed = 3.5, power = 2.6, strength = 3.2, beg = 2, intel = 2.2. You are my only loss on this server. HW2 I'm not doing quite as well - this server has more people that don't know how to use the bank.

I'm afraid that once I get 100 cans or something, the game will say that I have too many, and can't pick more up (like food).

What I meant with the school thing was - should I spend my turns gaining levels so I can get to a higher school? If I do that, I'll be weak compared to others, but it might be more efficient. Right now, I'm trying to balance exp. and stats...
\

I didn't get 200 when the day turned over. Damn, I suck

bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BAH!!! Fuck HoboWars! I can't get past level 22 in Reflections!!! I'm going insane without sleep. Somebody get past this yet???

Steveness
His Royal Whiteness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
BAH!!! Fuck HoboWars! I can't get past level 22 in Reflections!!! I'm going insane without sleep. Somebody get past this yet???

Yes. code ACPI for level 23. It won't load though, so don't even bother.

EDIT:

Link to my Level 22 Screenshot (SPOILER)
High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

same here, 23 is not loading...although, the pattern for solution is getting repetitive, especially for the 20's.

My only exciting thing was solving one of the higher teen levels with one less mirror than they provided.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic