Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Sony ordered to pay $90 million, halt production View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DualShock ... the MIRACULOUS AND HIGHLY ADVANCED technology that causes a controller to vibrate, is used in both the XBox and PS2. While Microsoft settled out of court for 26 million, Sony did not and was found guilty of naughties. They must pay the DualShock people 90 million dollars and halt production of the PS2, controllers, and all games that use the DualShock technology. Sony appealed and during this process they may still manufacture this stuff with a fee paid to the DualShock people.

Ok, this is complete bullshit. Causing a controller to vibrate in response to an imbedded PS2 function games can invoke is hardly amazing or difficult to create. I am a team consisting of any Computer Science and Computer Engineering bachelor could make this happen. Ridiculous.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have the time, knowledge, and desire enough you can create almost anything. Take the X-Shox Controller for an example.

This story originally was posted almost 2 years ago, so everyone probably saw it... but still... thought it might be a worthwhile look back since we're on the topic of controllers and non-secretive technology.

Spike
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

why do you allways make thies threads about money...gamers don't care about money just care about makeing enough to toss towerds games

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently gamers don't give a shit about spelling either...

Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bjciii wrote:
Apparently gamers don't give a shit about spelling either...

or grammar, don't forget that
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, he is from Elkton afterall.

At any rate, it's not like Dual Shock was the first company to do it, either. There was the rumble pack for the N64 and that was someone else. Hardly proprietary knowledge.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spike wrote:
why do you allways make thies threads about money...gamers don't care about money just care about makeing enough to toss towerds games

Some of us are interested in the industry itself, not just the games.

Others just get their rocks off being catty bitches.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
TheSumner
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spike wrote:
gamers don't care about money just care about makeing enough to toss towerds games

I care about money, I care about money a lot, especially the 67 bucks you cost me this month.

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did he break something?

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
TheSumner
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, he decided he didn't want to live at 71 and waited until four days before he was supposed to move in to let us know. So now I need to cover 1/3 of his $200 rent which is $67. Give or take

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should have given him a "decide by now" date and make sure that a deposit check was given on said date. Problem solved.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Spike
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

excus me it was 7 days...and I was being pushed into moving in there anyway get all the facts befor you try and talk shit...I said I was sorry I can only say it enough so I'm sorry no drop the issue I would apprcait that...and as for my many spelling erros they'll be with me forever it sucks everyon comments and pokes at it and it doesn't bother me anymore...I was just making conversation...so don't blamm your money loss on me it wsn't at all my fault nice try though...understand I also have massive amonts of shit I have dobel what gio toke outta that place so image me trying to put all that stuff in that tiny room you wanted me in...instead of the houes only 2 of us live in now?and would you like to hear me in the middel of the night yelling at my t.v. cuz I was jiped outta of a kill in H2...and even though I'm 2 floors above you trust me you would hear me...o ya did I forget to mention I hate clouths I only were them to were I don't live so you would be seeing a lot of me in underwear and I doubt the guy with a girlfreind would like me having a conversation in the kitchen with his girl in my black undies...enough said or am I going to live through years of this crap talk that I've allraedy had enough to handel and appologized for my masstake...and it was a mastake so sorry agin drop oit and have a nice day.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Spell Check just committed suicide.

Spike
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

no it didn't I tossed it over the edge of a roof

Mother Superior

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Spike wrote:
no it didn't I tossed it over the edge of a roof

Jesus Christ you are an asshole.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic