Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Battlefield 2 Server View next topic
View previous topic
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all. My g/f and I will be moving into our own place at the end of the summer; so in anticipation of that event, I have been looking for online games to play with my (old) roommate and our other friends. The one that looks the most attractive right now is Battlefield 2, since we played a lot of 1942 and Desert Combat.

I'm just curious if anyone knows -- based on experience from CS:S, 1942, etc -- what kind of hardware I would need to set up a server for the game. I'm curious if the spare parts I have laying around would be enough (crap video, AMD 1500+, 256MB PC2100, not sure what else) to run one.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

should be plenty, tho i'd run it in linux to free up memory.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm worried about that since I haven't played with Linux. At all. There's so much customization that I'm not familiar with that I'm wary. However, if anyone knows a quick and dirty incarnation of Linux that will work out of the box, I'll give it a shot.

Will I have to wait for a Linux version of BF2 then?

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

libranet

and no, you find a faq on how to setup a server on linux. AFAIK you just copy the right files over from the CD to a directory, edit some kind of server config file and then run the right command with a -server option. that's how quake worked, anyway.

The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok. I'll look into it down the line. Thanks.

Spike
Certified Geek

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is this it sounds kool

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic