Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Star Wars III movie review [Duh, Spoilers] View next topic
View previous topic
TiggerTuf
Squeeze Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

okay this may be dumb, but I've only recently seen all 6 episodes of Star Wars and I was wondering why Obi Wan doesn't recognize 3PO or R2-D2. He was around from the beginning when Anakin built 3PO but in episode IV he never acknowledges that he already knew them.
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TiggerTuf wrote:
okay this may be dumb, but I've only recently seen all 6 episodes of Star Wars and I was wondering why Obi Wan doesn't recognize 3PO or R2-D2. He was around from the beginning when Anakin built 3PO but in episode IV he never acknowledges that he already knew them.

Plot inconsistency.
Stealthr4v3r
Mother Superior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That wizard is just a crazy old man...
Miles
Evil Lurks in the Heart of Me!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I could come up with a contrived answer that would fit, but real answer is that lucas is just dumb.
TiggerTuf
Squeeze Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh. and here I just thought it was me that didn't make sense
bjciii
Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone pointed out that Star Wars fans will go to great lengths to cover up Lucas' writing weaknesses, so I just say:

It was a Jedi Mind Trick so that R2-D2 wouldn't spill the beans Wink

jewles
Satanist Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maslow wrote:
umm, no times I hope.

Wrong. The correct answer was 3 times: psychic, vague, and mystique
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So how about the loss of light saber skill over the years.
In Vader -Vs- Obi Wan I they attack from every direction, flip, spin, jump 30 ft into the air. In the rematch its the most they can do not to fall off the catwalk. Ok they're old, but for shame, train a bit during the off season. Or maybe they just realized that when your blade cuts though anything with ease style isn't important anymore, all that fancy stuff yoda taught them was just him showing off.
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is why ANH is my favorite movie. If you only watch the one, the plot and dialogue inconsistencies aren't so apparent. It's the only one that can really stand on its own as a good film and story.

I think that arguing over the plot holes you could park the Devastator in is pointless anyway. It's obvious that Lucas didn't have the entirety of the story finalized in his head when he wrote any of them and he's only human, why whinge on about it?

It's more important to discuss the crappy dialogue, the piss poor acting, the over use of CGI and the just generally bad film making.

Tigger
Tech House Child Molester

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BrianW wrote:

It's more important to discuss the crappy dialogue, the piss poor acting, the over use of CGI and the just generally bad film making.

You forgot the ever important discussion of how hot that guy playing Anakin is. mmmm whatever his name is mmmmmmmm

One inconsistancy I noticed in this latest episode, and this could be due to my recently being in this condition, was Padme's stomach. In some scenes she was very pregnant, and in others she was barely pregnant. The scene in which she was supposedly giving birth, she was barely pregnant and gave birth to two big babies? Whatever.

DanMeltzer
Zombie Monkey Pirate Pope

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

those two big babies were using the force to play with mommies belly... ya know, kind of like the kicking that regular babies do, only with the force... that accounts for the size change.

Discount Oral Pleasure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tigger wrote:
In some scenes she was very pregnant, and in others she was barely pregnant. The scene in which she was supposedly giving birth, she was barely pregnant and gave birth to two big babies? Whatever.

Bah... what do you know about twins??? Wink

That argument reminds me of why my father laughs his ass off at all of the action movies we watch where some 6'2" guy weighing 220 pounds and carrying an arsenal is shimmying through the ventilation ducts that are GROSSLY oversized and completely reinforced due to plot contrivances!

BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yipee kay aye yay mother fuckers!

High_Lord_Galen
Captain Oblivious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I fealt episode 3 was attempting to convey certain ideals and views lucas has.

complacency and decay: of the republic, of the jedi order, of playwriting, of society

Anti-climactic, yes, but what is the climax? Is it the money-changers in the stores, the acting, or Episode VI?

Anakin's darkside was always there, he was merely repressing it due to his vigilant training and mentors. His true emotions were reflected in the force. Even to the end of the movie, Anakin's only care was for Padme, oh, and being a jedi master, oh, and the best jedi in the galaxy. Although, Qui-Gon set him on that path. Smile

Even with that fault, Qui-Gon is my favorite jedi, he plainly stated the problems with the senate and jedi.

And, to respond to julie, we have this fascination of a jedi being a respected, honest, and wise group of individuals, where once again, our imagination has built a greater expectation than we should have originally believed.

As for the campiness, I feel that Lucas wanted episode IV dialogue the entire way through, thankfully, alternate directors were brought in to save the legacy. Now Lucas has become the very thing he abhored as a young art film director, the corporate monster.

Smile and for those that think I am actually defending Lucas, I laugh at you.

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it." -Alexandre Dumas
fieemully
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone has seen the new release of the org 3 please says so. It has to be the ones released this year though. He's done something very naughty to them. I mean really bad. Mike and Christi and sarah can back me up on this. Get ROTJ and check out the last 10 minutes. You'll get a shock.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic