Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Land of the dead View next topic
View previous topic
Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Land of the dead was not the worst movie I have ever seen. It just felt that way while I was watching it. The master of gritty zombie horror has stooped to imitating the imitators, and has produced a lazy hollywood horror bomb. The plot we were all expecting to be full of social statification commentarry is lost in 'jump out n get you' zombie spooks and recycled music. The usual small cast of a few survivors is replaced by a whole city with too many leads, so as a viewer you could care less who lives or dies. Plus the former charecters were real people, with real emotions, these guys have been living in zombie land so long they feel like pulp scifi novel fluff. John leguizamo even caries a spear shooter for gods sake. A few funny fines, a handful of cool images, and great gore cannot salvage this nightmare. I can only hope romero has the excuse of being screwed by hollywood(his others were independently produced). Time to let this franchise rest in peace

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic