Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The Rising / City of the Dead (novels) View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Author Brian Keene is the only person to have been simultaneously nominated for four different Brahm Stoker (excellence in horror) awards. His first book, The Rising, and its sequel, City of the Dead, are worth checking out. It's a zombie apocolypse sort of thing. The zombies are intelligent .. later in the book the reader learns they aren't zombies at all, but something much more interesting. I'd rather not reveal the twist but it is very cool. The only downside to his novels is the dialogue. I don't think it is very believable. In fact two of the main charcters - a West Virginian construction worker and a New York prostitute talk more or less the same.

The Rising will be a movie and a video game in 2007 or 2008. Here's your chance to be in the cool "I knew about that way before it was popular" crowd.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic