Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory View next topic
View previous topic
shate98
Hot Artist Chick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So Dan and I saw it opening night and I'd have to say it's the most absurd thing I've ever seen and I didn't stop laughing the entire time. I'd recommend if you see it not to compare it to the original, cuz it's a remake of the book, but they do make a few nods to the first movie.

Ok, so I loved it. Anyone else seen it yet?

Ooh! and there's a trailer for the new Tim Burton claymation coming out later this year- Corpse Bride. Sweet!

Court Jester

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm currently borrowing Nightmare Before Christmas from Tigger and can't wait to indulge myself in creepy goodness.

I'll probably also catch Charlie soon.

Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was entertaining enough, but if this movie would have come out first then there would never have been a remake. I guess the big hubbub is Depp's Willey wonka. Aside from the Michel Jackson thing there was something about the charecter I couldn't quite put my finger on. Then It came to me:
The voice is nearly spot on Eric Idle's take on Mrs Marvin in the meaning of life

And whats with the music on the preview of Corpse Bride being the exact same as Nightmare Before Xmas
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i kept telling people that the squirrels were dangerous... but noooOOOooo... did anyone listen to me?

also, the oompaloompas look like my anatomy professor... it's a little scary... and by a little, i mean a lot...

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was attacked by a squirrel once.

A lot of people laughed at me.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
HyLander42
Crazy Guy with Knife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Uty wrote:

Hahahahaaaaa!
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HyLander42 wrote:
Uty wrote:

Hahahahaaaaa!

i second the motion!

"Is there an indellible line dividing sanity from insanity? Or do they change, one into the other, at the slightest turn of events? We'll find out, soon enough, that the world itself is insane..." - Vincent Volaju
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
fieemully
Uber-Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so went to see it last night. Twas good. Found the flashbacks interesting but kinda slowed it down, but all and all good.

What did people think of the Tim Burton trailer? Excited?

Court Jester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to change my shorts twice in one trailer...so YES!!!! And I'm currently borrowing Nightmare from Tigger if anyone wants to watch it, possibly tonight.

I loved the delivery on the 'Sorry, I was having a flashback' line. Reminds me of that time I sat up and yelled at Blair in my sleep and after he replied, "shut up honky" I said "I'm sorry, I'm asleep" and laid back down.

Stavros
Dimunitive Badass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

for those who have the nightmare dvd wth all the fixins. Check out burtons early short "the adventures of Vincent Malloy" if anything this is even more the precurser to corpse bride then Nightmare is. I think the main charecter in CB is in fact named Vincent Malloy.

really though was I the only one bothered at the use of the SAME music to promote corpse bride as is featured on nightmare before x-mas
Spectre
Giant Cockhole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as an avid willy wonka fan, and having read the book multiple timse, i must say, that this movie was HORRIBLE.

If you took out everything involving the oompa loompas it might be watchable, but what they did with them in this movie is quite possibly the most disgusting thing to every hit the screen.

Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for resurrecting this long-dead fucking thread.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Gannondwarf
The Short One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i pitty the fool who re-opens this thread!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic