Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Flag Football View next topic
View previous topic
Wolfman
Soulman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want more detail on this, pm, or email me.

Ed Gray (Theresa's Ed) is looking for people to play on a Flag Football team in New Castle. (directions will be forthcoming) He and his friends played last year and are just pretty much looking to have a good time. There are no pads or helmets and no tackling, there is full blocking on the line, but it is still flag football.

They need at least 9 people to play, but would prefer about 18 people or more showing up for each game, so they don't have to play Ironman. Costs to get onto the team are $20 for the season (due next wednesday, not tomorrow) and you have to buy your own Jersey (will be cheap - t-shirt with a number printed on it).

Games are Sunday morning at 10, the first game is 9/11, and there are ten games in the regular season (no bi-weeks). All but the worst 4 go to the playoffs (4 more games). You don't have to make every game, and its really just for fun. You really don't have to know much/anything about football either. Ed and his friend Todd will teach you what you need to know.

If you are interested, show up for practice, this sunday at 9 am (again directions forthcoming). Remember, they just want to play to have a good time, they aren't looking to go pro, and yes, I'll be there.

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash." -Bruce Lee
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
BrianW
Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm...hockey, kung fu, ultimate frisbee...and flag football. hell yeah! now if i only i could get up that early on a sunday...

neight
Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity

Location: Where the worm does not die and the fire is never quenched.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BrianW wrote:
Hmmm...hockey, kung fu, ultimate frisbee...and flag football. hell yeah! now if i only i could get up that early on a sunday...

Do you have a regular Ultimate game? I play at work with a bunch of people... Used to be about twice per week, but several of our core players have left the area, and with 90+ degree weather, we haven't been up for it with that regularity recently...

Court Jester

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know a group that plays at the little bob every monday and wednesday from 6 til sundown. That schedule may change during the semester as kids go back to classes. I've only made two games so far, but they were a lot of fun.

Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would play but next month I am going to be really fucking busy
Wolfman
Soulman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another little caveat here, I was wondering myself....

Ed wrote:
Cleats are a must. No exceptions, I can pretty safely make the hyperbole that everyone who doesn't wear cleats playing with us pulls something and is incapable of sex for about a week. Plus you will notice they greatly increase your speed and agility. You don't need to spend a lot on them though, cheap ones work just as well. Chicken's came from walmart for $14, I got a pair of soccer cleats from dick's for $24 and got some nice new football cleats for this season online for $20 (http://eastbay.com/).

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash." -Bruce Lee
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
The Yellow Dart
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damnit! I'm going to be at a wedding in Canada this weekend; otherwise I'd be all over it. I think my brother plays in that league also (or at least he did last season). I'll keep it in mind; I'm moving into a new place Labor Day weekend and 9/9-9/11 so I'd miss the first game anyway. This may have to wait another year, but I'd like to check out a couple of games if you can give directions.

"Laura, it was nice boozin with your UD friends. I'll happily share another blowjob with them anytime." - Christi
Wolfman
Soulman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ed wrote:
Practice is at Bider Park on the attached map, it is basically in the back corner of the development in which my parents reside. The best way to get there from Kirkwood Highway is to turn on to S. Clifton Avenue then make a right onto Sylvan Avenue, and follow Sylvan until it takes you into the park.

via mapquest

Wolfman
Soulman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are still looking for people to play, the roster doesn't have to be finalized until the middle of September, so if you have any interest, come on out this Sunday at 9 a.m. for our next practice. All the guys are cool, and it is a lot of fun. We especially need linemen (Big guys).

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic