Bork Bork!
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Pep Boys View next topic
View previous topic
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pep Boys gave me back my car with my muffler attached via coat hanger, do not go there. Ever.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could have told you that
TheSumner
Tech House Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You pay with a credit card?

Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I paid with cash for the service they did on my tire. The muffler/etc unhinged when I had my flat (before I decelerated there was a lot of rumbling and my car is old.) It's just that a) they decided not to fix it and b) they decided to give it back to me like that without saying a damn word.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that is odd

muffler straps are really easy to come by...I would have thought they might have tried to charge you an arm and a leg for crappy work...

well, if you have a wrench set I'd say go buy one and put it on yourself, I think its only one or two bolts
Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just drove down the street to Meineke. I probably spelled that wrong. They helped me out. Actually I explained my situation (that I was pretty much stranded in Philly unless I could get my car fixed that day) and they bumped me up ahead of all their corporate accounts

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
chickiepie
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was so funny though. They pulled up the car and started to look around and I said - um.. I don't think there should be wire there...

I can't believe they did that and didn't even try to warn him. That looked pretty fucking dangerous - I wonder if he could have sued?

Was it really Pepboys that screwed you over, though? The guys at Pepboys said they knew nothing about it (not saying whether I believe them) and that it was the tow truck that did it. Was the tower part of Pepboys?

You know I wouldn't have stranded you there right? I meant it when I said to call me for a ride if you had any problems. I think I called you 3x that morning trying to make sure you had my phone number.

Uty
Tang Soo Techie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh I knew you wouldn't have stranded me. Since my phone was almost out of juice I thought there was a chance I wouldn't be able to contact you though. I'm not a pessimist but in some situations I think it is best to consider the worst case scenario Smile

The tow truck guy was part of Triple A. I remember when he picked up my car that it sounded loud (I had to back it up out of where I parked) ... I just didn't think anything of it because I was focused on the tire and my at-the-time botched business trip. I think the guy noticed that and wired it up so it would not fall off in transit.

Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
Vanblade
Lifeless Reject

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a lot of the time the guys at pep boys aren't good for more than changing your oil or tires...I wouldnt put it past them to miss something like that

the tow truck guy(if he was nice...which it sounds like in this case) would probably rig something up to keep the exhaust system from scraping his bed and to minimize damage to your car

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic